Givi to 2001V11 Sport

Guest guzzzi

Guest guzzzi

Does anybody know of a combination of Givi parts that will allow you to mount a Givi monokey rear rack or (preferable) a monokey rack and side racks to a 2001 V11 Sport :luigi:

Talked to Givi USA and they ran away screaming. :huh2:

Part numbers and actual experience would be nice...not "I saw something like that once in Munich in 1978 or was it 79?". :glare:

Guest Rich Fernandez

I am in the process of having the monokey side cases fit to my bike. You need to go to a person who can modify the the hangers to fit your bike. I happen to have such a person in Flagstaff. He previously modified my Cali and did an exceptional job. I purchased the E-41s with the hardware. He will modify the hangers next week and I'll post some pictures. I believe the job is easier if you have an existing MG rack. I have also removed the passenger pegs to accomodate the fit. I have eye-balled how I want the hangers situated on my V-11 and he will adjust the mounting points on the current hangers. The stock hangers have three mounting points. I believe we may use four points. In any case, you'll be able to see it in a couple of weeks. By the way the cases seem quite functional, if not elegant.

Are you guys talking Wingrack or Tubular?

I think the tubular would look better

:2c:

PS I seem to recall they had a universal tubular kit, but I just checked and could not find it.

(Universal meaning: hire a welder...but I guess any tubular kit could be made to work. :huh2: )

Guest guzzzi
I am in the process of having the monokey side cases fit to my bike. You need to go to a person who can modify the the hangers to fit your bike. I happen to have such a person in Flagstaff. He previously modified my Cali and did an exceptional job. I purchased the E-41s with the hardware. He will modify the hangers next week and I'll post some pictures. I believe the job is easier if you have an existing MG rack. I have also removed the passenger pegs to accomodate the fit. I have eye-balled how I want the hangers situated on my V-11 and he will adjust the mounting points on the current hangers. The stock hangers have three mounting points. I believe we may use four points. In any case, you'll be able to see it in a couple of weeks. By the way the cases seem quite functional, if not elegant.

88578[/snapback]

I would love to see photo's of both the unmounted mounts and the final set-up with and without bags. Thanks a lot and good luck. :nerd: