ltalian car/bike day

Van

To all of those Pacific Northwesterners who are finally starting to thaw out and get in a couple of decent rides, there is the annual :helmet: ltalian car/bike day at Lonsdale Quay in Vancouver BC on the 18th June.

l went for the first time last year and enjoyed the bikes (lots'a Duc's) and the hords of Ferrari's and other assorted ltalian exotica! (fair amount of decent eye-candy as well, a certain sweet young thing in a Lamborgini Murcielago :wub: )......anyway,

what we REALLY NEED there is a good turn out of Geese !! l mean really, someone has to keep those pesky little ducs in their place.

l figure that there is at least a dozen V11's in the general area, and as a newish V11 owner myself could think of no better place to meet some of the other fine fellows with Guzzi's

see you there !!!....( a nice ride along Hwy.# 3,the Hope-Princeton, or maybe to Winthrop in Washington after would be nice ).... :)

:bier:

Cheers

Van

I plan to be there. I don't know about the ride afterwards, we'll have to see. It depends on how long of a ride you were thinking of (overnight or just for the rest of the day on the 18th?). Post your plans and we can get something together.

you there !!!....( a nice ride along Hwy.# 3,the Hope-Princeton, or maybe to Winthrop in Washington after would be nice ).... :)

Cheers

Van

88798[/snapback]

Golly, when are you planning to go on this ride to Princeton? And when was the last time you crossed the border? Are you planning on overnighting there, or getting back to Vancouver, really, really late? The gaggle of bikes don't show up in full till after 11:00-11:30am.

Ciao, Steve G.

Golly, when are you planning to go on this ride to Princeton? And when was the last time you crossed the border? Are you planning on overnighting there, or getting back to Vancouver, really, really late? The gaggle of bikes don't show up in full till after 11:00-11:30am.

Ciao, Steve G.

88853[/snapback]

Hi Steve !

The general plan is:

A) get as many Guzzi's at :helmet: Lonsdale as posible

B) get to meet as many of you fellow reprobates as posible :grin:

C) since l'm heading to either Oysoyoos, or Winthrop, ( hopefully with my brother on his M.V. Augusta 910 Brutale, all the way from Texas) afterwards anyway, and since there would hopefully be a gagle of :mg: geese :mg: from our general neck of the woods all together there anyway, go together for the ride afterwards, and overnight in either ??

OR ??

D) be lead astray by some of you bad boys to a local watering hole of ill repute, watch Helicopter Jim do wheelies, and only set off on my trip the following afternoon.. :drink: ..l don't do mornings with a hangover

E) alternative sugestions ???? :huh2:

last year my son and l arrived at Lonsdale at about 11:00, hung out awhile and then hit the road at about 2:00, +-, travelling at a sane pace we were in Osoyoos in time for beers and burgers and to pitch our tent before dark on the other side of the lake at the lndian reserve campground. On our return trip we left Winthrop at about 9:30am and got through the border at the truck crossing no sweat, in time for a 3:30 ferry to the island and home in a rain storm by 7 or 8.

Ciao, look forward to meeting you and others there.

Cheers

Van

I'll be there, but driving a 65 corvair.

Hey ,at least I'll be there!

Is it indoors or in a car park, or what?

88864[/snapback]

All the way in a '65 Corvair Monza, coool !!!!

hey l knew that VW's floated, but an ocean crossing Corvair !!!....must be that rear, air-cooled motor thing l guess :D

lt's out doors, on the lawn at the quay and it's fun, l'll be easy to spot, (the :wub: Tenni and the guy with the big grin)...really look forward to meeting you, :thumbsup:

also as you're going to be on the island, give me a call when you get here, l'm only a couple of hours up the road.

Cheers

Van

I've been to one of these Italian car/bikes meets in north Van few years back and yes, it was a fun thing. Just 10 min ride from my home.

I will be there to meet you guys.

I'll be there, but driving a 65 corvair.

Hey ,at least I'll be there!

Is it indoors or in a car park, or what?

88864[/snapback]

It's at Lonsadale Quay Park, right on the water in North Van, about 250 yards west of the Seabus transit terminal. Your Corvair will be welcome, but probably won't be allowed up onto the grassy area were the show of Italia will be. If you do go up there, you may get some unfriendly glares!

Ciao, Steve G.

It's at Lonsadale Quay Park, right on the water in North Van, about 250 yards west of the Seabus transit terminal. Your Corvair will be welcome, but probably won't be allowed up onto the grassy area were the show of Italia will be. If you do go up there, you may get some unfriendly glares!

Ciao, Steve G.

88980[/snapback]

Oi !!

it's all good, you're Irish, you're a visiter to our fair parts, and it is a "Monza" isin't it?

:grin::grin:

see ya there !!

Cheers

Van