1100i sport

tomsp

Need a little advice and help here. I'm considering this '97 1100i sport. It has 17k miles. It had a little problem and the owner put on a centauro bikini fairing and centauro instrument gage cluster. Runs terrific and looks like brand new (new custom paint helps). All electrics work fine - functionally. But the Centauro instrument panel lights -- idiot lights, oil light, blinker lights on the panel - are not wired. The wiring harness is there but not connected.

Is this a problem? Should that be simple or do-able for the shop to wire in? (why wasn't it done before :o )

Any feedback on the bike appreciated -- It has K&N pods, Borla crossover, carbon cans and related goodies...

DSCN0557.jpg

Guest Nogbad

If you can follow a wiring diagram and are reasonably handy, I wouldn't think wiring the lights would be difficult.

More importantly, are you sure it's a legit bike?

Need a little advice and help here.  I'm considering this '97 1100i sport.  It has 17k miles.  It had a little problem and the owner put on a centauro bikini fairing and centauro instrument gage cluster.  Runs terrific and looks like brand new (new custom paint helps).  All electrics work fine - functionally.  But the Centauro instrument panel lights -- idiot lights, oil light, blinker lights on the panel - are not wired.  The wiring harness is there but not connected.

Is this a problem?  Should that be simple or do-able for the shop to wire in? (why wasn't it done before :o   )

Any feedback on the bike appreciated -- It has K&N pods, Borla crossover, carbon cans and related goodies...

89084[/snapback]

The Sporti w/ all the goodies, plus the Centauro pieces mentioned, should be equal to a Ballabio [except that you have the 5-speed clunker instead of the zippy 6 speed that can break pawl springs to leave you stranded, & a shorter swingarm...]

My advice? Buy it, get an aftermarket repop of the Sport fairing, paint it all the original Guzzi Sporti yellow [love that color! :wub: ] and hook up the idiot lights [everything should line up, both the Centauro & the Sporti used the Marelli 16M, iirc] & ride ride ride!

Even if you leave it as is, it should be a fine machine. Do the P.Roper thing & get the tranny shimmed up right, make sure you've got the non-exploding 5th gear in there, & take comfort in the fact that the only Guzzi w/ a higher top speed than the Sporti is a Daytona [due to the fact that all later models are geared lower.]

:thumbsup:

:mg:

so you're saying that the 5 speed gearbox is relatively alright- ?

I'll have to wait til monday to find out if the owner has the original fairing and all....good point.

This is another dumb question ---- :P the yellow sport-- round headlight-- the 1100i's had square lights don't they?

This one from the bike I'm looking at has the Centauro headlight....

so you're saying that the 5 speed gearbox is relatively alright- ?

89140[/snapback]

absolutely - oh no what Have I done :o

This is another dumb question ---- :P   the yellow sport-- round headlight-- the 1100i's had square lights don't they?

89140[/snapback]

Yes all with rectangular head lights, the one pictured above has had fairing removed and headlight changed