MotoBits

Guest MikeC

Guest MikeC
Has anyone tried these from Rossopuro?

8908995_1117184360181_0003_01l.jpg

89718[/snapback]

They look sweet but they also look like they will make things worse as far as comfort is concerned.

Looks like they move your feet up and back.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the info & pics. They look great.

How's the length compared to the stock ones? From the picture they seem to stick out more. Are there any ground clearance issues with them lower and non-folding?

89721[/snapback]

If they stick out by more, it is not much. There doesn't appear to be a ground clearance problem, but I haven't put them through any really sharp curves yet. I installed them a few nights ago and went for a ride last night. The comfort and riding position is significantly improved (perfect match with my Ballabio handlebar). After suspension - this is the best money you can spend on this bike.

They look sweet but they also look like they will make things worse as far as comfort is concerned.

Looks like they move your feet up and back.

89726[/snapback]

No pain, no gain.

:race:

Guest MikeC
No pain, no gain.

:race:

90370[/snapback]

Gain? The only thing I'll gain is more discomfort and less time riding.

Gain?  The only thing I'll gain is more discomfort and less time riding.

90551[/snapback]

With those criteria Ducati 916 must be the worst bike ever built.

And Honda Goldwing the best.

IMHO, not so.

:whistle:

Guest MikeC
With those criteria Ducati 916 must be the worst bike ever built.

And Honda Goldwing the best.

IMHO, not so.

:whistle:

90553[/snapback]

I prefer the looks of the Ducati but I could live with the Goldwing. Yep...I choose the Wing. :D

I was wondering if anyone has installed them on a V11 with clip-on's such as 2000 V11 and did they help. 

Also wondering if the installation was straight forward and easy.

Mike

89588[/snapback]

Received my set today. Quick service from Greg Field & reasonable shipping. :thumbsup:

The machine work is nice. I'm anxious to install & adjust although I may polish the stuff before installation. Been playing with them this afternoon at work but can't really get the angles right on my desk chair. :blush:

Guest MikeC

Ordered the Motobits from MI. Delivered and installed. Didn't take a ride yet but I can tell by just sitting on the bike while it was on the stand that it will be much more comfortable.

Install was easy, didn't have to modify or lengthen anything. Quality is top notch. The directions are excellent, they tell you to take the starter motor off but that is not necessary, just move it back and up a bit to get the angled piece off the splined tranny spindle.

I may have to tinker with the shift side to get it just right being they are so adjustable.

All in all very pleased.

Mike:

For best shifter action, play with moving and adjusting to get as close to 90 degrees as possible between all actuating arms and linkages. It makes a huge difference in shifter action.

In my case, the opposite was true with brake action. It was too sudden at 90 degrees, so I adjusted it until it felt right.

Have fun!

Guest MikeC
Mike:

For best shifter action, play with moving and adjusting to get as close to 90 degrees as possible between all actuating arms and linkages. It makes a huge difference in shifter action.

In my case, the opposite was true with brake action. It was too sudden at 90 degrees, so I adjusted it until it felt right.

Have fun!

90934[/snapback]

Greg,

I set the angled piece as instructed at the 7 o'clock position. Are you saying to reset it so it's at the 6 o'clock position. Same for the piece on the Motobits shifter that the linkage attaches to?

The extender piece they supply makes the linkage run at an angle between the tie in points and when I tightened the two stop nuts the linkage had no play at all solid as a rock. I assume that is good, not sloppy like the stock linkage.

Would it be possible for you to add a picture or two of your install for everyones reference.

Mike

Greg,

I set the angled piece as instructed at the 7 o'clock position.  Are you saying to reset it so it's at the 6 o'clock position.  Same for the piece on the Motobits shifter that the linkage attaches to?

The extender piece they supply makes the linkage run at an angle between the tie in points and when I tightened the two stop nuts the linkage had no play at all solid as a rock.  I assume that is good, not sloppy like the stock linkage.

Would it be possible for you to add a picture or two of your install for everyones reference.

Mike

90958[/snapback]

The instructions are set to work as an "average" setting that will work on every bike. After initial installation, I played with moving everything for better leverage. The key was rotating that angled piece as far as I could without it then contacting other parts when shifting. This took it one or two splines more toward the 6 o'clock position. Then, lengthen and shorten rods and rotate the actuating arm on the shift lever to get as close to 90-degree angles as you can. This makes for light, short-throw shifting.

Yes, tighten the extender piece. I can get a pic this weekend.

Guest MikeC
The instructions are set to work as an "average" setting that will work on every bike. After initial installation, I played with moving everything for better leverage. The key was rotating that angled piece as far as I could without it then contacting other parts when shifting. This took it one or two splines more toward the 6 o'clock position. Then, lengthen and shorten rods and rotate the actuating arm on the shift lever to get as close to 90-degree angles as you can. This makes for light, short-throw shifting.

Yes, tighten the extender piece. I can get a pic this weekend.

90973[/snapback]

Greg,

I'll give a look this evening and see what I can do. I believe I know what your talking about doing. If possible pics are always worth a 1000 words. :bier:

I did tighten the extender piece, what I meant was the two lock nuts on the linkage arm provided with the kit, when I tightened them up there was no play at all at the swivels.

Mike

Greg,

I set the angled piece as instructed at the 7 o'clock position.  Are you saying to reset it so it's at the 6 o'clock position.  Same for the piece on the Motobits shifter that the linkage attaches to?

The extender piece they supply makes the linkage run at an angle between the tie in points and when I tightened the two stop nuts the linkage had no play at all solid as a rock.  I assume that is good, not sloppy like the stock linkage.

Mike

90958[/snapback]

Mike,

Follow Greg's advice. When the arm at the transmission end of the linkage is positioned at 7 o'clock as the directions say, the up shift action is OK albeit a little long but down shifting while a shorter throw is a little firm.

90 degrees at both ends would mean both arms are near 6 o'clock, and both throws would be even.

I can't get mine to 6 o'clock exactly because it will hit the porkchop on the down shift. Just position it a spline or two forward of the 6 position and adjust the rod length for optimum height and as close to 90 degrees as possible. On my bike that means the adjustable rod is just about 4" eye to eye. Shift into gear by hand and watch for clearance at the porkchop. The shift action is very, very good.

Dan

Guest MikeC
Mike,

Follow Greg's advice. When the arm at the transmission end of the linkage is positioned at 7 o'clock as the directions say, the up shift action is OK albeit a little long but down shifting while a shorter throw is a little firm.

90 degrees at both ends would mean both arms are near 6 o'clock, and both throws would be even.

I can't get mine to 6 o'clock exactly because it will hit the porkchop on the down shift. Just position it a spline or two forward of the 6 position and adjust the rod length for optimum height and as close to 90 degrees as possible. On my bike that means the adjustable rod is just about 4" eye to eye. Shift into gear by hand and watch for clearance at the porkchop. The shift action is very, very good.

Dan

91179[/snapback]

Dan,

Thanks for info...will do.

Question...Do you notice the shifter is traveling farther on the down shifts than the stock setup.

By that I mean with the stock setup when I shifted down through the gears I could feel it going through the gears, then the feeling changed when I hit first. Now it feels like I'm still going through the gears after I hit first. Seems to be there is an extra "indent" at the very bottom of the travel. I was wondering if the stock setup had a travel stop and the Motobits does not so the lever travels further imparting a different feeling at the end of it's travel. You can feel it with the engine off and moving the lever down by hand while pulling in the clutch lever.

About half way down you can feel something engaging then just at the very end I can feel another"indent".

Mike