MotoBits

Guest MikeC

Dan,

Thanks for info...will do.

Question...Do you notice the shifter is traveling farther on the down shifts than the stock setup.

By that I mean with the stock setup when I shifted down through the gears I could feel it going through the gears, then the feeling changed when I hit first.  Now it feels like I'm still going through the gears after I hit first.  Seems to be there is an extra "indent" at the very bottom of the travel.  I was wondering if the stock setup had a travel stop and the Motobits does not so the lever travels further imparting a different feeling at the end of it's travel.  You can feel it with the engine off and moving the lever down by hand while pulling in the clutch lever.

About half way down you can feel something engaging then just at the very end I can feel another"indent".

Mike

91244[/snapback]

Mike,

There is no difference in how they operate other than lever length & linkage angles. All of the detents are inside the transmission. When mine was installed at 7 o'clock the downshift effort was noticably higher than stock. In that position you are "over center" and have to pull the lever back toward the 90 degree point on the down shift, hence the increased effort. I think that is all you are feeling. Once installed close to 90 degrees at both ends as Greg suggests, the shift effort is much reduced as is the throw both up & down. It is just like stock only with reduced throw and none of the slop.

Dan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another good thing about the MotoBits setup, rigid footpegs:

This weekend I had a :homer: moment and took my bike off the shop stand without the sidestand being down. I almost saved it, but it ended up tipping over completely on the left side. Fortunately there was very little damage to the bike because the rigid footpeg helped keep some of the more expensive bits from hitting the floor.

The most damage was to the sensitve ears of the children of the neighborhood. If they didn't know the F-word, they know it now.

As for physical damage the most went to the mirror which is a Napoleon mirror mounted through the clutch lever pivot hole. Easy and cheap to replace. Other than that, a slightly tweaked bar end, a hairline crack in my CF windscreen and a small gouge in the concrete floor...

Guest nathan

I am very interested in the Rossopuro foot pegs. Has anyone installed them? I've always liked the forward crouched feel of the sport bike. I've been debating on purchasing them, I think I will today. I'll keep you posted.

Nathan

Guest MikeC
Mike,

There is no difference in how they operate other than lever length & linkage angles. All of the detents are inside the transmission. When mine was installed at 7 o'clock the downshift effort was noticably higher than stock. In that position you are "over center" and have to pull the lever back toward the 90 degree point on the down shift, hence the increased effort. I think that is all you are feeling. Once installed close to 90 degrees at both ends as Greg suggests, the shift effort is much reduced as is the throw both up & down. It is just like stock only with reduced throw and none of the slop.

Dan

91275[/snapback]

Dan,

I spoke to Greg at MI he said he feels the same thing and it's OK. He says it's the spring and were feeling it now because there is no slop due to all the excess linkage with the stock MG setup.

I love mine :bike:

Mike