Rubber footpegs for V11?

Guest Britcheflee

Guest Britcheflee

Does anyone know if there are rubber footpegs which can replace the metal ones on the V11? I find my feet slipping on the metal ones I have plus on longer rides the vibration makes my feet go numb!!!

Lee

Guest Britcheflee

Thanks,

I am going to look for some Ducati footpegs on e bay if not will use the 'condom' rubber hose method. Part of the problem is that when I ride back from work I use the same shoes I work in....after 11 hours in a kitchen even the shoes for crews treads are full of gunk and my feet literally are sliding on the metal pegs.

pS - Want some great all round non slip shoes....shoes for crews...they are great.

Lee

I've found The Barnyard Hose-job Peg Conversion just peachy ever since I did mine.

- see post #21 with photo here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...69463entry69463

90297[/snapback]

Just a quick post to let you all know that I just completed the "Barnyard Hose-job Conversion" on my Le Mans and it worked out wonderfully.

5/8" hose cut to fit (2 1/2") and well lubricated with hair spray (an old grip installation trick...lubricates for installation, drys sticky and holds your work in place) and tap it on with a rubber mallet (aided by a spark plug socket for the last 3/4 inch). Total cost: nada. Total time: maybe 10 minutes. Effectiveness: 100% better feel and adhesion on the pegs. :thumbsup:

Guest ratchethack

Hey Gil - glad you weren't so put off by the thuddingly common simplicity of it to give it a try. -_- It's contributed a surprising level of riding comfort & control for me also. I immediately wondered how it was that I needlessly missed years of riding without coming up with it before........ :huh2:

Thanks for the feedback :sun:

Hey Gil - glad you weren't so put off by the thuddingly common simplicity of it to give it a try. -_-  It's contributed a surprising level of riding comfort & control for me also.  I immediately wondered how it was that I needlessly missed years of riding without coming up with it before........ :huh2:

Thanks for the feedback :sun:

90524[/snapback]

Yup, nice job! And I wouldn't have gone with them if it looked too funky! They look good.

And now I'm glad to report, after taking a 100 mile ride with the rubbers in place today, that they do the job wonderfully! I'm not the most sensitive of riders and I noticed a huge difference. There was much less vibration and most importantly for me, my boots didn't slip nearly as much as they did with the "untreated" pegs.

Guest Britcheflee
Yup, nice job!  And I wouldn't have gone with them if it looked too funky!  They look good. 

And now I'm glad to report, after taking a 100 mile ride with the rubbers in place today, that they do the job wonderfully!  I'm not the most sensitive of riders and I noticed a huge difference.  There was much less vibration and most importantly for me, my boots didn't slip nearly as much as they did with the "untreated" pegs.

90657[/snapback]

Did you use the hose or the breather pipe - can you post a pic for me???

thanks,

Lee

Did you use the hose or the breather pipe - can you post a pic for me???

thanks,

Lee

90658[/snapback]

I simply used some hose that I had hanging around in the garage. 5/8th inch, fiber impregnated w/rubber coating. One could probably find something more "tasteful."

I just ran out and snapped a shot of my finished "project." Please understand that what you are looking at is focusing on the footpeg and that when someone just looks at "the bike" they are not going to really see this mod at all.

The bottom line for me is that this is a viable, at virtually no cost nor hassle, alternative to totally replacing my stock pegs and that the increase in rider comfort and control is significant. :thumbsup:

footpegs-001.jpg

Guest Britcheflee

Looks perfectly fine to me - now I am scouring the garage for something similar.

Lee