The oil pressure light troubles

kecup

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kevin Johnson
FWIW, as an example of how elaborate the design of a WINDAGE plate can get, here's a link to a site with multiple photos & descriptions of one designed for a Porsche 928:

http://www.crank-scrapers.com/prod04.htm

91225[/snapback]

I saw the hits from the link on my site -- btw, the 928 setup has solved a thirty plus year issue with that engine.

In doing research on windage control I ran across an SAE article 2003-32-0080 on simulating the oil flow in a motorcycle engine. People might be interested in reading that but they do charge for the privilege. They discuss the issues in designing baffles for motorcycle sumps.

I have a Benelli Sei, btw -- I recognize Roper from that list. :bier:

Seems like I used your suggestions on Bosch alternator rectifiers a while back... :thumbsup:

I have a Benelli Sei, btw -- I recognize Roper from that list.  :bier:

Don't you mean an Honda 500/4+2? :nerd::grin:

:thumbsup:

Guest Kevin Johnson
Don't you mean an Honda 500/4+2?  :nerd:  :grin:

:thumbsup:

94550[/snapback]

Oh, that's so cruel. <_<

Say, there is a great article in the April issue of Motorcyclist about the Honda 6 from the 1960s -- very worthwhile reading.

Oh, that's so cruel.   <_>

Say, there is a great article in the April issue of Motorcyclist about the Honda 6 from the 1960s -- very worthwhile reading.

94551[/snapback]

Hey, I thought it was pretty dang savvy of Benelli to base their "volume" parts (pistons, valves) on the proven Honda pieces; why reinvent the wheel, esp. when at the time, it was probably cheaper for Benelli to source those bits from Honda anyway?

Along the same vein, I've never quite understood why Guzzi doesn't just standardize on the same bore size as one of the Chevy small block iterations, so they can buy their pistons, valves & con-rods cheaper and better than they can make them themselves. Kinda like the Hardley-clone manufacturers buying S&S mills, only with a more cost-effective & unique result...

But then, I'm told I'm lazy, so that may explain why I come up with this stuff!

:D

Along the same vein, I've never quite understood why Guzzi doesn't just standardize on the same bore size as one of the Chevy small block iterations, so they can buy their pistons, valves & con-rods cheaper and better than they can make them themselves.

That was the basis behind the Super Vee Trouble is that in the 3 I've seen not a one has run right :luigi: They're up to generation 5 now :whistle:

Aaarrrrgh!! Scary new site layout!! Where did that come from? Very pretty though.

OK, I took the old bird out for a blast this evening, and the oil light refused to go out properly for about the first five minutes of trying to get off the drive!! After stopping and starting a few times it went off and stayed off.

Cold, my "full" level is about 1/4" over top mark to allow for the manual's run it then check method.

No powerful acceleration, or anything remotely extrme, just a bumble down the drive to the road.

Help!

Guest Nogbad

Aaarrrrgh!! Scary new site layout!! Where did that come from? Very pretty though.

OK, I took the old bird out for a blast this evening, and the oil light refused to go out properly for about the first five minutes of trying to get off the drive!! After stopping and starting a few times it went off and stayed off.

Cold, my "full" level is about 1/4" over top mark to allow for the manual's run it then check method.

No powerful acceleration, or anything remotely extrme, just a bumble down the drive to the road.

Help!

It may be, and probably is electrical, but it's worth taking the pan off to check that the filter hasn't come loose.

Guest Nogbad

No, filter tight. Intermitent fault that I can't seem to chase.

Check the wire from the sender isn't chafed through and shorting out anywhere.

Check the idiot light holder hasn't broken up and that the earth to the instruments is present and correct.

Change the sender.