Roadrunners in Austin

staedtler

tom_skishores.jpg

Howdy y'all... no pics this time though <_>

Yesterday me and George went to Austin's Roadrunner's get together at the Ski Shores waterfront cafe... we were there for just about 1/2 hour, it took about 3hrs just to get there from San Antonio!!! (usually is about 1 hr and change)...there was so much traffic, we thought that by cutting across Canyon Lake and Wimberley we would save some time, but boy were we wrong!, traffic SUCKED! there were cagers with tubbers all over....Harley's galore! it was a freaking parking lot outthere!...oh, and it was in the upper 90's,...we were cooked!!! and it did't help matters that we were hangover. We left SA about 1 in the afnoon... we got there about 4:30 :bbblll: got one beer, turn around and got back :vomit:

we left around 5 and got back around 7, this time we just went 290-281 route

The only redeming part of the whole ordeal were the young waitresses in bikinis at the Ski Shore's Cafe ... :P: some real hotties!

Anyway, George Brother in Law was organizing the rallye, so we had to go, sort of...the thing was that G just bougt a spank'n brand new silver K1200S which btw he's breaking in (whatever that means :grin: )...the thing is a F@#inf cruise missile!!! is very neat, and very quiet, can't barely tell it's running...he'll take care of that with an Akrapovic or so...it comes with an adjustable-on the fly-suspension, very tricked! and, you cannot kepp it under 100..it just won't do it!! :lol: (we tried! :D )

2.jpg

dramatization...not actual bike

well, G got suckered last sat. and signed on the dotted line...he was just going in to the Bemmer dealer to borrow/rent that same K1200RS he took to Marfa, and use it to attend the rallye... well i guess it didn't took much to sell him a new bike, Heather doesn't even know about it...guess who Heather might be? :grin: (She was out of town in Houston for the weekend) :lol:Surprise Honey, look what i got!!!

Roadrunners12th-web.jpg