Rain gear question

Tom M

I was wondering what you guys who ride often in the rain use for gloves? I would think that your hands would get very cold in 50* to 60* F temperatures if you're wearing soaked gloves. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Hi I have just bought a pair of overgloves from Rain-Off.com- a NZ one man band they look agood product but i have not used them in the rain yet. i have tried lots of Gore-Tex type gloves in the past and they all leak after acouple of hours,so i thought i would give these over gloves a try. Jim.

Guest Nogbad

"Racer" Pluvio Gore Tex gloves. These don't leak even after an hour in a deluge provided you get the inner cuffs inside your jacket. The outer cuffs have a drain hole underneath that prevents water running down your sleeves from filling up the glove.

The outer is leather, waterproofing is a one piece Gore-tex membrane and the inner cuff is cloth covered neoprene like wetsuits are made from.

Insulation is good but not too good, and I have found these to be perfect "between season" gloves and for less biting winter days. They are not warm enough for the worst depths of winter, I have some Gerbing electric gloves for that, but haven't been soaked yet when wearing them.

Racer Pluvio Gloves

Guest Nogbad
I've spent years looking for THE glove, and I have 9 pair. There is only 1 for winter/rain, 'BMW Winter'!

Ciao, Steve G.

91845[/snapback]

Me too. I have 12 pairs. I might look at the BMW ones.........