Engine Just Quits!!

Guest rotorhead

Guest rotorhead

OK now heres one for everyone to digest. A 2000 V11 with 5200 miles, PCIII installed with zero map (at present) and no other significant mods.

I was cruising throught the hills of N. Georgia yesterday as I often do and the bike just quits! I mean just plan old stops running. This has happened TWICE before but heres the kicker......It does it in virtually the same spot all three times!!! What are the odds I ask!! I'm befuddled :wacko:

I wait about thiry seconds and it cranks over and runs fine the next two hundred miles. I thought maybe the relays came loose but that does not seem to be the case. Maybe the neutral safety switch, but that makes no sense. How about the sidestand switch?? I dunno.

This bike is great 'cept for its constant small problems.

ANY help and/or thoughts would be hugely appreciated :huh2:

Same spot?? Its not someone with their HERF gun or something. Slashdot had a story on these just the other day.

Is it near a house or is there a radar trap?

Check all the connectors, reseat the relays etc

Same spot?? Its not someone with their HERF gun or something. Slashdot had a story on these just the other day.

Is it near a house or is there a radar trap?

Check all the connectors, reseat the relays etc

Guest rotorhead

Thanks Rich. I do and have had the Bosch relays installed since I purchased the bike. I will double check the contacts for arcing however.

Seems highly unusal that the thing quits in pretty much the exact location everytime though.....maybe a haunted hill eh!

Things that make you go Mmmmmm! :unsure:

Guest rotorhead

No radar trap...its in the middle of no wheres 'ville. Could you link me to the story from slashshot pls? Whats a HERF gun anyway?