case bag on the rear rack and patches on the tank

gallo_se

I am thinking about the soft case bag produced by Moto guzzi to be placed on the rear rack, instead of having the big hard case, does anybody have it, vould you suggest it or not? I only found few pictures on the internet and I don't have a dealer close by, so I would have to buy it blindly, would someone be so nice to post some pictures to help me make up my mind?

Thanks a lot.

Since I'm here writing, I want to say that I recently put the tank condom on my V11, so to say, the tank cover from bagster, Ibought the red one which is just slightly different in color from the red V11, so it matches pretty well, and allows to use a wide range of bagster tank bags. I have the clip ons that Jean-Marc made and still I am able to use the "citadine" tank bag from bagster, which is what I really needed, since I am riding to work every morning. The bag has a nice and well protected space for a laptop up to 15" plus some other space for other stuff, and some little space for the daily grocery shopping. After this extensive and borign introduction I come to the point: I want to customize the tank cover, by applying patches on both sides, I have been thinking about using tha standard oval moto guzzi patch, but I am open to other more particular ones. I have been trying to contact mgcycle cause I saw a very nice one on their web site, but no luck, could you suggest some website where I could find some nice one?

Thanks, Sergio.

1- Sorry cant help with the tail bag :(

2- I have the bagster I highly rate it. I leave mine on all the time. I took it off the other day and there is some paint discolouration on the front bottom sides of the tank where the double piece of harness cover is. I think its not the soft side to tank there but outer layer. My advise would be to protect that piece of the tank with some cling film or other sticky protector film or even duct tape. Mine might not be the bag rubbing but the bag rubbing and useing road salt/dirt as grinding paste.

I did see another Bagster harness and the front lower loop went under the tank where mine goes around the headstock. I don't know which you have. Mine does allow for a little bit of movement of the harness.

3- Chris (UKV11) has a sticker type badge stuck on his, looks good.

Chris_and_V11.jpg

I bought the tail bag and its little rack. As luggaege, they work pretty well together, eve iff its a bit small. Mine is off at the moment while I work out how to get its ironwork (which is VERY crude) to fit in/around the Heath Robinson footrest plates that hold my MGti cans on.

As a "sissy bar" the rack is crap: not enough clearence to get your hands around it according to my daughter.

I've also got an MG tank bag, which is superbly well made, and very functional.

Here we go: a couple of pictures for you. No, don't ask, not Alcoholics Anonymous either, just "springs R us" - second time I think!!

Sorrry they aren't very specific to your question, but they might give an idea.

P5040046.JPG

P5040046a.jpg

P4250007.JPG

P4250007a.jpg