Replacing my goose with a duck.

beauchemin

I am having way too much fun with this bike. So far 1,200 miles in 8 days. My wife is slightly annoyed that I'm riding so much. This is the first bike that makes me want to keep on riding! If you had any doubts about this bike, then you can forget them - it is awesome. I have only two complaints - the lack of a centerstand (maybe the after market will help out?), and the gearing is a bit high (easy to change with sprocket swap).

I am THIS close to following you, not only in dumping the MG, but with your choice of replacement. Only thing probably stopping me is that these things are basically worthless in resale.

I love it, but it's just been too much of a hassle. The service schedule on the new Ducatis is very very good, not like Ducks of old, the first big service is only for oil change, valves are touched only after 15K miles.........No worse than your average Honda........ :blush: That GT1000 looks a lot to me like what the V11 was trying to be but I have no doubts it will be easier to live with and will handle better to boot.

Hmmmm, maybe time to put an ebay ad up and see what happens..........

FWIW, I replaced my duc with a goose.

Sold my '95 Ducati 900SS sp (before it killed me) and replaced it with my Scura. No regrets! :mg:

Happy trails

MCN Roadtests - August 14 1996

Guzzi Outguns Duke In Battle Of The Twins

Fuel injection helps 1100 Sport shoot ahead of 900SS in the fight for Italian supremacy

MOTO GUZZI'S new fuel-injected version of its 1100 Sport is pitched directly against its main rival, the modern classic Ducati 900SS. The Guzzi costs £1100 more than the Ducati but justifies it with superb performance. And it fulfills factory hopes by being the better bike overall.

BY KEVIN ASH PICTURES BY JOHN NOBLE

Well... There you have it!

I think spoked wheels would bring the V11 up to par in the cosmetics department...but "real men" don't care about aesthetics, right :huh2:

When are those Alpina spoked wheels going to be ready?!?

I've bugged Paolo twice about the Alpinas. He says he'll update the website as soon as they are available. In the meantime I try not to spend idle moments thinking about them. :wub: