weighted bar ends

Guest Eric123

Guest Eric123

Yes, they can be made to fit. I have them on Billy Bob, along with the Moto Intl. heavy weight kit. Works really well. I have the weights in stock, but the mirrors are backordered, unfortunately. WIth luck, I'll have more soon.

How much do the weights cost?

Guest Gary Cheek

From memory, the mirros are about $85 each. Weights are $50 a pair, including the adapters.

The more solidly the weights are attached , the better they work.

Anything that is not mounted metal to metal in the bar is not likely to be as effective. The rubber isolation negates the damping action. It just adds resonance. IMHO

Guest ratchethack

Anything that is not mounted metal to metal in the bar is not likely to be as effective. The rubber isolation negates the damping action. It just adds resonance. IMHO

FWIW, Throttlemeister bar-end weights use a system of o-ring mounts for damping, rather than simply altering frequency and harmonics with a solid mount. It seems to work very well at actually attenuating vibration. I've never noticed the slightest irritation with the 14-oz. T-meisters on the Guzzi, and I've been sensitive to big twin and big single vibration before. :huh2:

Guest Gary Cheek

FWIW, Throttlemeister bar-end weights use a system of o-ring mounts for damping, rather than simply altering frequency and harmonics with a solid mount. It seems to work very well at actually attenuating vibration. I've never noticed the slightest irritation with the 14-oz. T-meisters on the Guzzi, and I've been sensitive to big twin and big single vibration before. :huh2:

OK,

Good to know that.

It seems the frame differences between the late and early frames my have an influence on the vibe level with the different bar end systems. My Scura was not responsive to either type while the '01 Plain Jane Sport did not like the Throttlemeister or the factory bar ends with various weights. That is the reason I resorted to the funky home made, solid mounted brass weights. My next plan was buckshot and dilectric grease in the bars.

It could also be a bike to bike difference among the same types??

As an aside my 2001 was an insurance auction total when I bought it. After taking care of all the issues (almost) :homer: It ran fine. I was especially pleased with the lack of bar buzz. Welll,,, first time out with my friends it was discovered the lower bolt on the front sub-frame, left side was missing. Ouch< I missed that somehow. We headed to the hardware store and duly replaced the bolt. Now I have the buzz! And I had been so spoiled by the lack of buzz I was almost willing to pull the bolt back out!

A little work with various different weights and the bike is nearly as good as it was without that silly bolt.

It's been fun folks. Thanks for everything. See you on the road.......TTFN Gary, KG8LB

I wonder if adding a strategic brace across the subframe would help those with vibration problems?

Might be worth a try instead of bar weights.

May I suggest, if you want to fix it once and for all - http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...ost&p=23510

Sure worked for me, Mick.

Yes, of course, that's why the MI weights are solidly metal mounted. The CRG mirrors can be used with them without using the CRG rubber adapters, if you use an inexpensive trick I can show you.

Guest Eric123

I rode yesterday and both hands went numb. My right one was also hurting pretty bad. I gotta find the best set-up for long distance riding. Gotta get some softer grips too.