Laguna Seca Moto GP this weekend

stogieBill

6 hours of televicsed M/C racing on Sunday! Woo hoo! Just need to figure out how much beer I'll need to get through it.

Kentucky Fried Kid to Podium. This is his track. He's raced it more than anyone else on the grid. Homefield advatage to Nicky. Rossi to win or place. Needs the points and knows the track better now. A hungry Rossi is hard to beat. I want to say Pedrosa for the last podium spot (cause I like how the kid rides!) but I think it will be Melandri.

Rj

Yes, don't forget Colin. He could get very excited being here.

The field is better this year than ever before. You can't rule out Pedrosa - Melandri - Stoner. Good lord, you never know what is going to happen. But the smart money always bets on Rossi. He just seems to have the mental edge and will to win. Melandri seems to put up the hardest fight - since he is an old childhood friend and knows him best.

But here at home with people like Brad Pitt and other American stars checking out Nicky, he is on a real high to win here.

But, I wish we had a way to send in ten bucks (Euros) to some escrow account for bets. That would be very fun. I would bet on Nicky to win.

The Ducatis won't do well here because they have spooky handling and won't be able to use their top end advantage.

The Ducatis won't do well here because they have spooky handling and won't be able to use their top end advantage.

I think is more matter of balls, than spooky handling or whatever....................

But maybe the Duuc riders won't take any balls oversea this weekend, expecialy Sete.

This guy is colourless this year! No spirit, no degnity to fight.

Why is he riding with the Duuc??? Get lost budy! Hit the road and let some youngh dog take your place over.

I feel there is a very good chance that Mr. Hayden will win this race, and probably the championship. Mr. Rossi is still the best rider on the planet, not many could say otherwise, no matter how your nationality favouritism. Rossi has had a bad spat of mechanical let down from the Yamaha, and a couple of rookies taking him out early in the race.

It will be a great race, in spite of the fact that Laguna Seca as a venue has been spoilt slightly by the F.I.M. modifications. That and the fact that these current machines overpower a track like Laguna. Probably only Road America is suited to these machines to let them stretch their legs.

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest philbo

It certainly promises to be a great race - I'm thinking Rossi, Hayden and an outsider for third - maybe the hopper or casey stoner. I'd say dani might be up there but gets reckless when he's under pressure and I'm thinking he'll be under pressure this weekend.