Question for the British Columbians, eh?

Greg Field

Thanks for all the advice, everyone. I hope I can offer the same to anyone who wants to discover some good routes in Washington.

You all think Vanderhoof is a bit far, so we may re-think it as the stop for the first night. I guess I always think in terms of the speeds we get away with here in planning how long it will take to get somewhere. Sounds like riding at 90mph would be imprudent in your fair province. I did make it to PG once in 12 hours from Seattle, though.

Anyway, listen for the sound of five Guzzis passing through . . .

Thanks for all the advice, everyone. I hope I can offer the same to anyone who wants to discover some good routes in Washington.

You all think Vanderhoof is a bit far, so we may re-think it as the stop for the first night. I guess I always think in terms of the speeds we get away with here in planning how long it will take to get somewhere. Sounds like riding at 90mph would be imprudent in your fair province. I did make it to PG once in 12 hours from Seattle, though.

Anyway, listen for the sound of five Guzzis passing through . . .

When will you guys be heading through?

Ciao, SteveG.

You would know your capabilities best; if you can make PG from Seattle in 12hrs, add 1 hour to get to Vanderhoof (that's at the speed limit) and maybe 2 hrs for sundries, and you can still do it all in daylight. I transit PG to Vancouver in about 8 hrs usually, but I am tired at that point. I always wondered about how it would be to have to push on...just not an ironbutter, I guess.

Been hot in BC over the last little while, but PG has cooled off to about average, 75° mid-day and low 60's at night. Showers in forecast for weekend, but nothing serious. Jim's advice about fuel and water should be heeded Good weather forecast for Vancouver for the week.

The ride after Vanderhoof is nicer than the one before PG scenery-wise, as you get towards the mountains (Houston,Smithers), so if you are pushing on in fading light, you aren't missing much around PG. If you stick with the plan you've made, my opinion is that you have a schedule well matched to the terrain. I hope the roads aren't too crowded.

I'll be getting my voodoo dolls ready. Please stay at the Laughing Loon. Look for a giant eye in the sky.

As for Seattle beer - it is high quality ale. Only strange monkish ales from Belgium with LSD-inspired labels could be better. I prefer German lager type, and no one really makes it. I'm dying to experience fresh lager from the Motherland the way god intended. No one wants to make it. I wonder why. Ale must be easier to pull off. All those fruity hops gets kinda old.