after market fairing for my Ballabio

scott54

hmmm.... dare I add this..... on my le mans the fairing was terrific for cutting the blast. That little bikini fairing on the v11 ????

On Centauro, it came with a little bikini fairng too (givi) - noisy and windy. I took it off. Result: less apparent wind blast and less apparent noise. Who knows. The fairing is butt ugly too. A smaller OEM fairing looks good but with little effect I think.

Surprisingly enough, a small flyscreen can be very effective in deflecting the wind blast, if you can find the 'sweet spot.'

The sweet spot is different for every combination of rider and machine. There are all sorts of variables at work here. Rider stature, preferred riding position, screen shape and handlebars are major ones.

Don't be afraid of making up new bracketry.

It is often the case that the standard supplied brackets will not allow you to mount the screen in an effective position for you. Experiment, and be prepared to tear down and make revised bracketry.

As a rule of thumb that should get you somewhere close as a starting point. Sit in the posture you would normally ride. The upper tip of the screen should be 1 - 2" below eye level and 12 - 14" in front of your helmet.

Hope this will be of use to someone!

Nige. B)

very nice! :thumbsup:

Thanks.

I am very pleased with the way it turned out.

Nige. B)

Guest Britcheflee

I have noticed a similar problem with my Ballabio but have decided that I can live with it. While I did think of the option of moving the screen onto the handlebars, I thought the simplest solution would be to cut the screen down by 2 or 3 inches. By my reckoning this would drop the airflow down away from the helmet onto the chest just enough to stop the turbulence.

My main gripe is actually the seating position, which is great for up to about an hour and a half, but therefater the combination of all the weight being on ones arse and a hardish seat mean that things start to get a little uncomfortable. I'm actually considering clip ons so that there is a bit more weight on the wrists and less on the arse. I found my original V11 to be very comfortable because of the more balanced weight distribution.

Good luck with which ever modification you decide on. Perhaps you could let me know how effective your preferred solution is.

Cheers.

[/quote

I agree with the seating problem - either Italians have such gigantic nuts they can use them as bean bags to sit on, or they dont have any at all........after a longish ride I am concerned that my prostate has been damaged!!!! I also find that with age, the more weight I put on my arms the more numbness I get in my hands. I also find it crazy that I can get on my old T (with no fairing at all) and have less buffeting on the freeway than on my Billybob where they probably spent a lot of Lira on windtunnel testing etc.

Lee