Murphy struck, I need advice

guzzi jon

Guest Mattress

Right- look at it as unleashing your repressed desire to customize your lemans. After my Iowa soft shoulder lowside, thats the way I resigned myself to the sin of damaging one of the most beautiful bikes ever made. now I got napoleon bar end mirrors, new sexy black NGK spark plug caps with original red wires, new billet fin gards with etched Guzzi eagles, new billet shift lever and a set of oh so sexy Staintunes to go on! Winter project will be to fit a bmw R fairing to replace cracked and rashed cafe sport bikini fairing (which didn't work that great anyhow).

If you want the original look, I don't think the guzzi signals are impossible to find. My mechanic was able to find 'em. Try MPH cycles.

Anyone know how to contact Rich Maund? there was a link posted but it didn't work.

"I slipped on some oil my SS had decided to leak..."

Jon, you have one too many Italian mistesses in your garage, and they are begining to fight. Thin the herd- send me your SS and I will keep it across the garage from the Tenni, hidden behind a sheet (except when I am riding it, in which case I will have to cover the Tenni's eyes). That way, harmony can be restored to your garage.

Really, I don't mind doing my part to help a fellow Guzzisti.

My Sunday started with a ride on my SS, which shortly demonstrated a wobbly rear wheel which has been giving symptoms for some time, so I unboxed my Rich Maund seat and took the Lemans out for a 200 mile twisty bit morning, after removing the stubs of the damaged turn signals. Excellent ride, and after 200 miles, cant say enough about how comfy, and cool looking Rich's seats are. My Lemans is on the road to recovery, well actually improvment. a small bottle of touch up paint and I'm good to go...

Cheers,

Jon

Don't feel too bad Jon - from someone who recently had his V11 fling itself mercilously onto his finally finished 74 Duc...

Whilst I cannot argue with Mr. Hack on his prescription of a snifter of St Remy and a stogie, I do know that there are certain times (when Mr Murphy whacks you TWICE with the stick) when a much stronger solution is required.

My situation took a gallon of the cheapest tequilla to be found, along with a little "skunk in a rug" before things could be set right again.

Counselling is a waste. Keep killing brain cells until you get the one who's making the most noise.

Rj

All my Guzzi, I mean Buell parts are in, footpeg lowering, turn signal upgrading time. Now I just have to decide if I touch up the paint, or go for a paint job.... I wont put those stinkin bullet hole stickers on a ding...

Cheers,

Jon

Don't feel too bad Jon - from someone who recently had his V11 fling itself mercilously onto his finally finished 74 Duc...

Whilst I cannot argue with Mr. Hack on his prescription of a snifter of St Remy and a stogie, I do know that there are certain times (when Mr Murphy whacks you TWICE with the stick) when a much stronger solution is required.

My situation took a gallon of the cheapest tequilla to be found, along with a little "skunk in a rug" before things could be set right again.

Counselling is a waste. Keep killing brain cells until you get the one who's making the most noise.

Rj

After seaking counseling, and putting things in perspective, I am now requesting any advice that you folks may have. In perhaps my stupidest and easily avoidable activity, I have damaged both sides of my once perfect 02 Lemans. I have a smallish 2-car garage with 5 bikes and the wifes Saturn. While moving the lemans to give her room to get into the car, I slipped on some oil my SS had decided to leak, the bike fell into her car and smashed the front right turn signal (she claims the car was scraped, but that's another battle) In my effort to lift the Lemans off the ground, with my wifes help, we went to far and it fell on it's left side, taking out the left front turnsignal and gouging the fairing where it sticks out by the signal and a bit of gougin on the pipes. After ruling out suicide, and walking around the block convincing myself that my lot in life is far better than most poor bastards, I've regained my composure. What I would like from this group is any suggestion on turn signal replacement other than stock, mine are in bits, and perhaps a suggestion for finding some touch up paint locally. Any suggestions are appreciated, and apologies if I seem a bit of a whiner, I'm still in the freaked out mode.

Cheers,

Jon

Hey Jon, I thought we had a deal on the two-fifty Rebel...I'll go pick it up...only reason I haven't is you always tell me you will bring it to me.

BTW Bob V in San Diego is selling his green '00 V11 sport. has a lot of nice clean changes. bike in like new condition. richr