Rosso Corso click click

Cleanwater

So I sent to meet the wife for dinner after work, and pushing the starter button, nada. Fuel pump whistled and shut off (so its not the sidestand switch), a relay clicked when the button was pressed, but nothing at the starter. Bump started it, put the trickle charger on overnight (green light on) and again nothing at the button. It did this once before on a trip from LA to SF, about 90 miles from home at the gas station, but then it fired up. That was about a month ago.

This is a 2004 Rosso Corso. Parked inside--all the wiring is very clean. I thought the relay issues were all worked out by 04 ? If needed, who do I order the new ones from ? Maybe the starter button on the

bars ? Anyone else had these problems ?

Daniel

? Anyone else had these problems ?

Daniel

'03 LeMans- I had the identical symptoms. After I played the usual relay/sidestand switch /clutch switch scavenger hunt for awhile, I discovered that it was the starter solenoid. I took it apart, cleaned and lubed it, reassembled, and bingo......it started instantly and hasn't failed since.

Ken

This has happened to me also on my 03, the relays should be ok mine turned out to be the kill switch itself. I jiggled the wires rom the swith and found the sweet spot and off she went! Later I disassembled the switch to find it was coming apart on the inside acting as if the kill button was pushed.

waspp

• 9 months later...
Guest Cantaloop

Valeo-Starters suck! So i replaced it. A friend of startet a extremly fantastic idea become reality: He changes a mitsubishi-starter, which fits into Guzzis now. I hat starter-problems with both guzzi (California/V11) - so i ordered the mitsubishi-starters an replaced them. 200 Euros each.

http://world-of-guzzi.de/ftp_upload/Axel/S...ishiStarter.pdf

Harold speaks english...

• 2 weeks later...

My 2003 Rosso Corsa had the same problem... loose wire or other poor contact in the kill switch. It took my dealer 1 hr to find it, but he fixed it in 5 minutes :D