marelli(?) dual output coils

guzzista

Anyone got part number/spec on the dual output coils( not Dyna) for the (believe they are Marelli) coils used for dual plugging V11's ?. Think I might have a weel priced source in Italy and would like to acertain the info on them..Planning to do dual plugs on my V11 this winter... Cheers

where are all the dual plug guys?. A couple years back when I joined this BB there was a flurry of activity going on about dual plugging the V11 heads and these days it seems like no one is into it...any feedback?

Guest jasper

hello,

i got mine at the local junkyard they are the same as used in fiat cinqocento but something tells me that there aren't many of those in the USA. I had both for about 30 euros..(40 bucks?) Maybe you can try and find a source on the internet (i am about to move countries so i am a bit busy otherwise i would try and help you!)

Good hunting!

Ciao

jasper

Thanks, guys!.Got a good Fiat part source in good old Italia and plan to pay them a visit on my next trip to visit my family... no disrespect for TLM, but you just got to love well priced Fiat parts . Cheers

guzzista

Coils from an old Fiat won't work with the V11 Marelli 1.5M ECU. These only work with an ignition system controlled by contact breakers.

You need to have the correct resistance in the primary circuit of the coils. Otherwise the spark will be poor to zero or the ECU ignition circuit will give up, which would be the end of your ECU.

Additionnally the spark map has to be remapped to keep the ignition advance below approx. 28°.

guzzista

Coils from an old Fiat won't work with the V11 Marelli 1.5M ECU. These only work with an ignition system controlled by contact breakers.

You need to have the correct resistance in the primary circuit of the coils. Otherwise the spark will be poor to zero or the ECU ignition circuit will give up, which would be the end of your ECU.

Additionnally the spark map has to be remapped to keep the ignition advance below approx. 28°.

The 1994-1998 Fiat Cinquecento 1.1 has a WM16M ECU not contact breakers.

Are you thinking of the 60's Fiat 500/600 ?

As someone who became a motorcyclist as a result of being packed into Fiats 500/600/850 etc like a sardine as a small child in Italy, I only too familiar with the old buggers...and yes . later models(late nineties, early2000's 500/Puntos is what I am talking about..

The 1994-1998 Fiat Cinquecento 1.1 has a WM16M ECU not contact breakers.

Are you thinking of the 60's Fiat 500/600 ?

That was really new for me, thanks for rectifieing that. I really thought of the old Fiat... am I that old??