Centauro with LeMans Fairing

Tom M

I went to the Italian Motorcycle Owners Club rally in Sturbridge MA last Sunday and took a bunch of pictures. Lots of interesting bikes there but this one caught my eye: (click any to enlarge)

imoc06048qo2.th.jpg

It's a Centauro with a V11 LeMans fairing. A lot of people thought it looked better on the Centauro! Wish I took another picture from a diferent angle to show it better. Lot's of Guzzis there but no Guzzi race bikes :(

Funky Sport : imoc06007tj9.th.jpg Chopper: imoc06054gm4.th.jpg Daytona & LM1: tmp3606wk1.th.jpg

Lot's of other nice stuff there like these ducs:

tmp4931pr5.th.jpg tmp7892lw7.th.jpg imoc06038bm7.th.jpg

Bunch of Bimotas (the featured marque):

tmp8670lq3.th.jpg imoc06032da7.th.jpg imoc06026ao0.th.jpg imoc06025lw7.th.jpg imoc06024ao4.th.jpg imoc06023mn4.th.jpg

Laverda Mirage: imoc06037ma4.th.jpg 1200: imoc06036gq7.th.jpg 1000: imoc06006ak7.th.jpg

Benelli 750: imoc06011qk2.th.jpg MV Augusta 750: imoc06013nc7.th.jpg

I wondered if anyone else from this board was there, it was a great day for a ride and a bike show! I looked that Centauro over pretty close but couldn't decide if I liked it or not, i don't know it just didn't seem to fit the bikes style. By the way the chopper won the peoples choice award! I think it also was the loudest bike with those 4' straight pipes

waspp

I wondered if anyone else from this board was there, it was a great day for a ride and a bike show! I looked that Centauro over pretty close but couldn't decide if I liked it or not, i don't know it just didn't seem to fit the bikes style. By the way the chopper won the peoples choice award! I think it also was the loudest bike with those 4' straight pipes

waspp

I'm guessing you rode the 850 there because the only Rosso that I saw belonged to Turo from Worcester who I met briefly. I thought Ouiji Veck would be there but I didn't see any champagne LeMans's at all so I'm guessing he didn't make it. :huh2: It was a beautiful day! Am I the only one who thinks it strange that a chopper won peoples choice at an Italian bike show?

I'm guessing you rode the 850 there because the only Rosso that I saw belonged to Turo from Worcester who I met briefly. I thought Ouiji Veck would be there but I didn't see any champagne LeMans's at all so I'm guessing he didn't make it. :huh2: It was a beautiful day! Am I the only one who thinks it strange that a chopper won peoples choice at an Italian bike show?

No I rode the RC, it has been "deflagged" so its a little less busy. I saw 3 RC's there which suprised me but no Nero's. I was parked next to a red 04 Lemans and black/red frame V11 sport, we were over by the Aprilias. That chopper was bizarre to say the least, the owner also had some I four cafe bikes there as well...equally different. I thought i saw your leMans but this one was for sale and didn't have Ti pipes, not yours I trust.

waspp

No I rode the RC, it has been "deflagged" so its a little less busy. I saw 3 RC's there which suprised me but no Nero's. I was parked next to a red 04 Lemans and black/red frame V11 sport, we were over by the Aprilias. That chopper was bizarre to say the least, the owner also had some I four cafe bikes there as well...equally different. I thought i saw your leMans but this one was for sale and didn't have Ti pipes, not yours I trust.

waspp

I guess I missed your Rosso then. I left around 2pm and might not have wandereded into Aprilia land after noon so maybe our paths did not cross. I was parked with the Guzzis. You can see bike right next to the Centauro in the picture.

I saw the I-4 cafe bikes you mentioned too. I also saw them with for sale signs in the parking lot at Limerock vinatge auto races that I attended last week. The builder does some clever stuff but somehow writing CAFE in big gothic letters on the tank reminds me of pickup trucks with FOUR X FOUR decals on the sides. Kind of cheesy IMO.

Maybe we can meet next year.

I guess I missed your Rosso then. I left around 2pm and might not have wandereded into Aprilia land after noon so maybe our paths did not cross. I was parked with the Guzzis. You can see bike right next to the Centauro in the picture.

I saw the I-4 cafe bikes you mentioned too. I also saw them with for sale signs in the parking lot at Limerock vinatge auto races that I attended last week. The builder does some clever stuff but somehow writing CAFE in big gothic letters on the tank reminds me of pickup trucks with FOUR X FOUR decals on the sides. Kind of cheesy IMO.

Maybe we can meet next year.

Very cheesy indeed! Ya I will be there Lord willing next yea. We had great day I didn't get home until 8 after getting stopped doing 71 in a 55 just outside of Pittsfield, no ticket though he was ok. If the weather is nice I may try to ride out to the Monson rally for the day on the 24. Never been to that one so ya never know what to expect.

waspp