A perfect Beast?

tomsp

I spent two days re-tuning everything and changing out my handlebars. On the bars, I COULD NOT take off the upper triple clamp - so I left on the previous clip-on clamps.........??????

Test rode the Beast --- Now I know why I bought it... :D:D My smiling face -- no stumble at low rpm, like it ran great.... ok, clutch engages way out, but I can fool with that! This is good.

handlebar1.JPG

Dhandlebar2.JPG

I know exactly what you mean! I went for a ride yesterday morn on my Centauro as I actually had a day off flying (most of a day). I was grinning like crazy! I don't know if mine has a Will Creedon chip or what but the top end rush blows the doors off my V11.

I was out riding with the aircraft engineer for my helicopter. He was riding his Victory Vegas. He ate me on roll-ons but when the Centauro got the steam up he was only a blur in the mirrors.

We stopped at Dukes Pub just east of Chilliwack by hwy 1 and had a bite for lunch. There were about 45 Harleys parked there and it was interesting how they made fun of the Victory (I like it - it has Brembo brakes) but no one said anything bad about the Centauro. When we left I just had to give them a taste of the Centauro hitting 9000 rpm (indicated) with the la Franconi pipes making all the Harley riders think some nascar piece of junk had just roared by.

I really grinned a lot yesterday!

PS What kind of bar kit is that and how much did it cost? I have V11 pegs on my Centauro so the stock bars fit just right but if I put the forward controls on I would probably want the pullback of the bars you have installed.

The pull from 6k to 9k is unbelievable -- this bike has the Will Credan daytona r chip with a 9k rev limiter (pop the cork- rubber thing on the top of the ecu and look at the chip. What does it say?). The handlebars are OEM "adjustable" about $300 for everything-- Guzzi didn't have the lipped cup washers so I picked up a set at Custom Crome (read: Harley) and ground them to make them fit. I have an oem flyscreen on order too...... I rode with a friend who has a HD - lost him every time I excellerated. He kept asking if I forgot to put oil in mine due to the NOISE from those cams :P