rear view crash helmet

grossohc

Its an interesting idea. I've tried it on.

If you have a head like a four gallon water melon with ears like Dumbo it will fit you.

Its very heavy, and the rear view up above your forehead seemed to be a difficult thing to get used to. Narrow angle of sight, distortions...

I didnt buy it, they try hard to flog it over here but I havent seen a single one on the street.

On the other hand theres a system on sale now that allows you to have an extra LED brakelight at the back of your helmet (any helmet), with a wireless transmission to a special bulb/socket in your brake light. THATS a good idea.

The bullshit?

my thought excactly

by the way, what was bullshit?

(by the way, I just checked out their website and they dont list at single technical specification in there. THAT is bullshit)

my thought excactly

by the way, what was bullshit?

(by the way, I just checked out their website and they dont list at single technical specification in there. THAT is bullshit)

They do mention the homologation aproovment and the manufacturing ISO

http://www.reevu.com/safety.asp

What about the weight , though? Arais have also an unacceptable (IMO) weight in their expencive helmets (around 1600gr) but are considered some of the best helmets around.

I don't like them anyways because of their high weight and their limmiting visibility sideways is a big minus. :2c:

think it would kinda disorient you at first, maybe give you some motion sickness if you're prone to it. :huh2:

I think that's right, when riding you have to be aware of many things , adding a rear view to the whole (though the concept may be interesting)I think is too much for the driver.It could be usefull for the back passenger though , and could contribute some usefull info when needed to the driver.