Sexiest Italian Motorcycle

helicopterjim R.I.P.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--the 750s (and 668s) are glorious. Faster, easier and safer to drive than a Ducce 748 (according to road tests), brilliant specs on suspension and brakes, and half the price of the Ducati. All parts down to washers are available from 3cmoto.it who bought the factory stock. Engines after '97 are reinforced and put together with great care, my wifes 668 has 20.000 kms on the engine and according to the mechanic shows NO signs of internal wear. Find one and keep it!

And when did the large triples as shown below become un-sexy? thats a macho bike if there ever was one.

ghost_strike.jpeg

RHB_lores.jpg

I have been following this thread and it has recieved a lot of input. Their are a lot of bike to choose from and way more than the poll limits of this forum allow. I have found it hard to choose or discard any from the list so I have come up with an expanded poll.

I have decided to start with an initial poll for bikes that are pre 1970, 1970 to 1979, 1980 to 1989 and 1989 to present. When this poll has run its course then there will have to be another poll to decide the outright winner!

I will post the list soon as to the bikes that have been nominated so far and will give everyone a chance to correct me. I am also a little vague as to a few models exact designation so please bear with me and feel free to correct me as needed.

Cheers

Jim

I have decided to start with an initial poll for bikes that are pre 1970, 1970 to 1979, 1980 to 1989 and 1989 to present. When this poll has run its course then there will have to be another poll to decide the outright winner!

I will post the list soon as to the bikes that have been nominated so far and will give everyone a chance to correct me. ...

Thanks Jim. Very enjoyable thread. I haven't missed a single posting. Worthy project - I appreciate your efforts. Looking forward to the yellow 1917 board tracker receiving it's well deserved pre-70 award. :)

Thanks Jim. Very enjoyable thread. I haven't missed a single posting. Worthy project - I appreciate your efforts. Looking forward to the yellow 1917 board tracker receiving it's well deserved pre-70 award. :)

Isn't the yellow 1917 Cyclone a "made in America" bike? Not sure how it got nominated... Is there some connection to an Italian manufacturer I'm unaware of?

Rj

Isn't the yellow 1917 Cyclone a "made in America" bike?
It is.

Not sure how it got nominated... Is there some connection to an Italian manufacturer I'm unaware of?

Rj

No connection that I'm aware of. My mistake - didn't read the rules carefully. Sorry. Hereby formally withdrawn by poster (that would be me - sheesh) as "outside" the limits of the contest.

:blush: