V7 Sport video w/Guzzi smile

Daniel Kalal

Guest cduzzi

Great clip. Tell us more about the event, unless you've already posted that and I missed it. Loved the sound!

I was at the Guzzi Riders in Texas meet yesterday and saw a nice V-7, but basically stock and no fairing.

That bike looks like one of the original V7 sports endurance racer's from 1972

In fact it is! When I remember right it was raced in Imola. Have to check my pix at home. Probably the rider was an original as well.

Hubert

Easy enough to retro fit the starter...

Rear brake looks more stock than racer too. Without the owner confirmation, I would think this a replica, but who knows? Most original racers with history remain as they were raced, but who knows what owners have done?

Very sweet bike none the less!

Rj

Here is another picture of the bike. It would be a good entrance for "the sexiest..." thread as well:

ausschnittimolaguzzixm6.jpg

Hubert

Now when I look closer at the two bikes then I think we see two different ones. The stickers are different, the coils are different and other things also.

Anyway, thank you for the video. You don't have a longer version, do you?

• 2 months later...

Who's the rider, or as some like to call him, "the old man"?

Hubert

I asked Alis Agostini if she knew who the man was. Here's her reply:

Dear Daniel, sorry for being so late in replying but I find myself at the end of each day without knowing where the time has gone. The man with the black jacket is Mario- He is the owner of Ristorante Al Verde in Mandello that many Guzzi lovers know as it is the place where many go to eat. The bike is owned by him and Roberto Patrignani (a journalist quite famous who writes about motorbikes on italian magazines) and has been mounted and prepared by Bruno Scola a quite well known mechanic of the Italian Guzzi world (you may had met him while you were here as actually he is working in our workshop). Love, Alis