A Gathering of Eagles -- part 1

tomsp

NorCAl rally in Bodega Bay, CA. I showed up Friday noon. Should've swung over Thursday but work.... Friday night for camping I think we had 20 guzzi's. Windy as heck (blow you right down) until the sun set, then perfect weather). Saturday I think we had over 20 something guzzi's -- se we rode for hours on hwy 1 and off roads going all over the place-- very good- led by a local guy, Bill (Centauro, Quota, V11, Eldo). several 02 le mans, no v11 sports, my Centauro and another - Bill who led us on a several hour ride, quota, EV's , Stones, Eldo's, sp, etc. NICE. John, from Tulsa OK, was at 17000 miles this trip. He put 130k on his EV! Several guys from this forum showed: I saw Hale, Mark, and Dr. Gil (I'm leaving out several I KNOW!). I left Saturday evening to ride home the 2 1/2 hours to play poker -- hey, I won the big game! Great ride home too - little traffic and the Centauro (Saturday, Sunday) ran perfect..... this was way fun and can't wait for another rally... next time I maybe can hang out with Gil MORE :drink:

breva.JPG

Don_s_Sidecar.JPG

Damn, I got it wrong again! I am doomed to be the perpetual newbie. :(

So now I'm going to do another no-no...I'm going to cross post. This was my original post in "Meetings and Club Events" and hey, it's like I'm recycling (being sooo environmental...even though I'm in the timber industry :whistle:

I have just returned home after attending NoCal (lo phat) Rally and must say that it was a total delight!

This was my first ever All-Guzzi event and I was quite pleased to meet and put names to so many of my fellow NoCal Guzzistas. There were quite a few bikes in attendence but I was a bit dismayed at the lack of "sports" models (there were only a few and 3 of them were the same as my '02 champagne V11 Le Mans...one of them belonging to our fellow V11 forum member Lamedog). It was also cool to get to meet CIV11 and to see tomsp again (oh my, that centauro...wow!).

My wife has recently made noises about no longer wishing to ride her own bike so much and has actually raised the point of perhaps going two-up. While at first dismayed I realized this gives me the opportunity to perhaps purchase a SECOND GUZZI! So with all the MG touring bikes attending I took the opportunity to evaluate their "two-uppedness" or "potential side-car-ness" (I'm sure these aren't words but seem to work for me).

All in all, it was great fun, I spent too little time at the actual gathering but the weather was our friend and the ride to and from "Guzzi's By The Sea" could NOT be beat (really how many PERFECT motorcycle days do we actually see...the weather was not too hot, not too cold, wind at my back both ways, great company, bike ran wonderfully).

I WILL be back next year...with bells on.

This was me this AM after riding through a bit of deep fog and then having the sun break out just as I passed the school house and church from Hitchcock's "The Birds" in Bodega.

bodega.jpg