Twin Max

Guest goldgooz

Guest goldgooz

Hi everyone, I would like to learn more about the Twin Max synch. tool. Is it really better than mercury sticks ( I've got a set of mercury sticks I've used for years on my '86 Lemans)? Who sells them? Cost? Rich...you said your bike definely runs better after being balanced using a twin max. Is it worth the money? Thanks for adice! J Barnes Stamping Ground, Ky.

The first time you drop a carb stix and get mercury spilled all over your garage and the hazardous waste team from your local fire department gets called in, you'll wish you had a Twin Max. Don't ask how I know..

The Twin Max is portable too as well as working well. Is it expensive? Yes. But it works and has no environmental downsides other than the discarded battery when that has died.

You can look them up on the web. A guy here in Va. sells them.

Mine really isn't mine. It is on a semi-permanent loan from a friend who hates turning wrenches. I check the synch on his bike when he drops by from time to time!

It is more accurate than my old mercury sticks. I have compared the readings one after another and the sticks are off! As sensitive as these bikes are to proper balance, a Twin Max is the best way I know of to get you there!

I just serviced my bike this last weekend. Only 2k since the last service, but it was trying to stall at lights occassionally and would "pop" once in a while as well. Darned if everything wasn't a touch off! Three valves were tight .001". Synch was a notch off as well. Set it all back up and she sang! This bike loves to have everything "just so". When you achieve it, she lets you know it! If anything is off, she grumps for attention. Thankfully, it is very quick and easy to service!

If I knew a easy way to safely dispose of my old sticks, I'd do it in a heart beat. The Twim Max is the best tool for this job I have ever used.