Motor Oil question...

Crooz

As the owners manual to my new V11 purchase has yet to arrivevia US Mail ... I was wondering what type & grade of motor oil is recommended in this bike.

The previous owner of this bike (with 4300 miles) stated that the dealer had last serviced it with some sort of fully synthetic oil at 2500 miles, but that was over 1 year ago. I plan on calling the dealer in Florida tomorrow to see what they normally use... In the meantime, what the going favorite or recommended oil folks are using?

Thanks...

Its 20w50....I like Castrol full synthetic myself. Everyone else will have their own opinion on the brand, but the manual calls for 20w50.

Thanks... I check the oil level tonight and it appears to be a bit low. That's why I was asking... so I could add some tomorrow before I ride again.

In their own words

oil1.zip

I use the MOTUL V300 competition 15-50W full synthetic or the Rock oil 15-50WFull synthetic , just to have

my mind at ease at any lower enviroment tempratures.

Thanks... I check the oil level tonight and it appears to be a bit low. That's why I was asking... so I could add some tomorrow before I ride again.

Never add oil in the motor sump if it isn't the same brand and viscosity of what is inside it.

If you don't know what it is then a fresh oil + oil filter change will do only good.

In big emergency and when isn't possible to have the same oil then temporarily you can add 'simple' motor oil (NO synthetic or semi synthetic)

will do no harm and it can help till the next sooner oil change.