Oil Filter HELP

Crooz

Des anyone have any idea what brand and part number oil filter might be on my 2002 Le Mans. It's white in color is all I can tell you. Not sure if it's the original or even a Guzzi filter. All I know is none of the 6 wrenched I have bought and tried on it fit. All of differ number of flutes or size.

And NO... I can't get the sump pan off due to a stripped allen hex head on ONE freakin bolt.

If it's white and none of your wrenches fit it's probably the OEM UFI filter.

To remove a rounded hex socket screw:

Get a "torx" bit (thats the star type) that is just slightly too large to go into the hex socket. Align the star flutes with the corners of the rounded hex and tap it in with a hammer. The Guzzi bolt is soft steel and most decent "Torx" bits are hard.

Then carefully turn the bolt out.

Des anyone have any idea what brand and part number oil filter might be on my 2002 Le Mans. It's white in color is all I can tell you. Not sure if it's the original or even a Guzzi filter. All I know is none of the 6 wrenched I have bought and tried on it fit. All of differ number of flutes or size.

And NO... I can't get the sump pan off due to a stripped allen hex head on ONE freakin bolt.

The OEM oil filter is UFI and the number of the filter on UFI is 23-287-00, if you go to any shops who sells them then this is the numbe you should ask, the part number (on Guzzi cataloge) of the oil filter for your Guzzi is 30 15 30 00 .

If you unplug the round cover fo your sump to get to the filter then you will need the O'ring (no 28 of page A4 on the catalogue) part no.=90 70 69 48.

Do your self a favor and visit MPHcycles sponsors on this site (top left) and download the parts catalogue for you bike on the parts manuals section.

For removing this filter I have bought an aftermarket oil filter wrnch-key from Agostini they had also the original but this one was quite cheap for $15.

Perhaps you should ask at MPH over there I recon they would have what you need for your Guzzi. ;)

If it's white and none of your wrenches fit it's probably the OEM UFI filter.

To remove a rounded hex socket screw:

Get a "torx" bit (thats the star type) that is just slightly too large to go into the hex socket. Align the star flutes with the corners of the rounded hex and tap it in with a hammer. The Guzzi bolt is soft steel and most decent "Torx" bits are hard.

Then carefully turn the bolt out.

I finally was able to count the number of flutes (sides) on the white oil filter. There appears to be only 8.

It would have a flat flute area, then a rounder area, then another flute, and so on. Therefore the sides/flutes do not meet each other. Now if I can find such a filter wrench/socket to place on it next time.

As time was running out I went ahead and refilled with new oil, and sealed her up until a later date 2000 miles from now. Then I will have to tackle this problem once again.