LeMans headlight adjuster question...

Crooz

I was just noticing the headlight adjustment hole on the front of my fairing, then I looked inside to see how it worked and I noiced that their was no screw nor adjustment bolt aligned with the hole. In fact no screw or bolt whatsoever. Just the two big adjustment arms, one having a nut attached. I tried to move the adjustment arm by hand and it was solid, would not budge.

So my question is: Was there ever a screw/bolt there from the factory? If so, mine has vibrated loose and fell out.

I was just noticing the headlight adjustment hole on the front of my fairing, then I looked inside to see how it worked and I noiced that their was no screw nor adjustment bolt aligned with the hole. In fact no screw or bolt whatsoever. Just the two big adjustment arms, one having a nut attached. I tried to move the adjustment arm by hand and it was solid, would not budge.

So my question is: Was there ever a screw/bolt there from the factory? If so, mine has vibrated loose and fell out.

Around this screw is a spring, very tiny. Be sure you fix the new screw with a spring.

Maybe you have to take off the all fairing. The mirrows and four screw, about 15 min. work on it. :luigi:

detailhladjust.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

a bit dark but with flash whited out the non rusty parts :)

Picture is looking down from the left of bike.

You can see the screwdriver access hole. You can't see the far end of the adjuster (9) hidden behind the subframe. Can see the spring (10) but not the washer (22) hiden behind the adjuster arm (24) and to finish it off the nut (30)

In the past I've adjusted mine by pushing on the top of the headlight to remove the tension on the spring and reaching in the way the photo was taken and spining the end of the adjuster between my fingers. It's probably too coroded to do it that way now and might have to use a screwdriver through the hole.

If you've got the parts fitted it should be obvious.

detailhladjust.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

a bit dark but with flash whited out the non rusty parts :)

Picture is looking down from the left of bike

You can see the screwdriver access hole. You can't see the far end of the adjuster (9) hidden behind the subframe. Can see the spring (10) but not the washer (22) hiden behind the adjuster arm (24) and to finish it off the nut (30)

In the past I've adjusted mine by pushing on the top of the headlight to remove the tension on the spring and reaching in the way the photo was taken and spining the end of the adjuster between my fingers. It's probably too coroded to do it that way now and might have to use a screwdriver through the hole.

THANK YOU very much for the help. I do appreciate it.