intake boots

coz1100

Ya so my the rubber boots going from the throttle bodies to the manifold are giving up the ghost. Are there any better after market replacements for these things. The stock ones seem to be made from the same crappy rubber as the rest of the rubber bits.

Z

Ya so my the rubber boots going from the throttle bodies to the manifold are giving up the ghost. Are there any better after market replacements for these things. The stock ones seem to be made from the same crappy rubber as the rest of the rubber bits.

Z

Don't know of any aftermarket boots...

Can you tell if they're actually leaking? Mine were cracking so I bought new ones. After I put the new ones on I looked at the old ones, and all of the cracking turned out to be superficial. The rubber is really thick so I think it may be best to inspect the ones you have now (if you haven't already :)).

I've also been told that an occasional slathering of dielectric or some other silicon based grease helps protect the outside of the boots. I'm sure others will say that this will make it worse. :huh2:

Just my :2c:

P.S. Cold enough for you in Wenatchee?

Z

MG Cycle in the States have the boots listed in their catalog. . I need to replace my cracked one too - the black strip of duct tape i used on my boot is holding up just fine for the past few thousand miles, but ya never know, andso?

oh ya, their cracked. I've got a tair running pritty much right though the meat and potatos of the boot. I had been telling my self that I should grease them in some way for the last two years, but some how it just keep getting put off.

Actually Slug, I moved to Phoenix two months ago for school. Its a chilly 50 degrees and I'm about to ride to class.

Actually Slug, I moved to Phoenix two months ago for school. Its a chilly 50 degrees and I'm about to ride to class.

Lucky. :bbblll:

You coming back in the spring/summer? I have family in Leavenworth so I'm in the area often and I'd love to go tear up the Chumstick Highway with a fellow goose jockey :race:

Cheers,

Guest ratchethack

I was concerned enough about surface cracking 3 years ago to've inquired about quality aftermarket delrin replacements. No could find - no place, no how.

So I ordered a set of factory replacements. They've been sealed-up in their plastic bags in my spares cabinet, waiting for the originals to show any symptoms of failure ever since. I had them off for an inspection once. The insides still looked good and solid. To go along with what Slug said, the cracking can evidently be cosmetic for quite some time before they begin to leak. :huh2:

The clamps needed a little tightening on mine once. As The Weej has pointed out, you can get the clamps too tight: In case of backfire, better to let a boot blow off (as happened to my Pal, LM Dan) than to bend a throttle plate. <_<

Hmmmm, I think that is what happened rachet. Mine popped off in sicily and I wanted to be sure that it didn't do it again. Might of put it on to tight :blush:

That sounds like a damn good idea slug. I've been thinkin about takin a break in summer. One of my boys at work is planning on taking a trip to laguna seca for the gp race and invited me along. I'll see if I could get a bit more time off and swing home.

Z

Z

I have tried many and they were all crap , from various Guzzi shops , some "supposed" to be original and some aftermarket.Some of them are "made in China" with bottom life three months (yes I have seen them too)

My last order was from Agostini I have no idea what they are but the quality is excellent , after one year with many kms done (=working hours), and little propper maintenence (bit of vaseline on the rubber from time to time) they look as good as new.

I suggest you order from them as many claim they have original parts but they're just crap.

nevertheless Ago' has originals and I think that the ones I got were not just a "good" portion of where the company makes them, that "happened" to be OK (some have claimed that to excuse what they sold me),but all are just OK.

Check them out from Ago's :2c: