pawl arm spring and christmas presents

gallo_se

Hi guys, the pawl arm spring broke for the second time, after 5000km, I am not sure why but it could be that the asimmetric screw that controls the excursion of the pawl arm was set wrong, or some minor problems in shifting gears that I experienced may add on top of that. That could also be due to the fact that when I went to the garage last time to have the spring replaced I told the mechanic to check the boss of the pawl arm, and file it down to 15mm if it was bigger. Well, he filed it down to 14mm, cause it was 15. This time I decided to do it myself, and I also replaced the pawl arm with a new, right, one. After replacing the spring I experienced a big problem with shifting gears, especially when going from 3rd to 4th and down from 3rd to 2nd, so I took the gearbox cover out again and checked, everything looked ok to me, but the problem remained. To make a long story short, after opening the gearbox 2 more times I started playing around with the gearshift lever adjuster, it's called tie rod on the manual, and finally found the right adjustment where the gears now shift wonderfully. This is the first part of the story.

The second part regards the installation of the quat-d ex box. I had some troubles cause some diy is needed, some washers need to be added to make the correct distance, as already shown in this post best exhaust topic . I reported this problem to quat-d and I am waiting for an answer. I'll keep you updated.

Here are a couple of preview pictures, some work still has to be done, a good shower and replace the broken headguard, but that gives you an idea anyway.

001.jpg

001.jpg

001.jpg

ok, need some training in uploading pictures

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

First impressions are: motorbike is a lot more fluent and progressive at low RPM, really enjoyable, may not be the best for high preformances but in the daily traffic it really helps. With the original mufflers I was able to keep the engine at 2000rpm, but it wasn't too happy, now it's regular as a swiss clock. Sound is very metallic, with an evil touch, and quite loud. Very nice at low rpm, sounds very deep and round.