Question for V11 Owners...

Guest drhunt1

I am a sucker for motorcycles that have nice body work, and the fiberglass lowers and Spada fairing not only offer functionality, they simply knock me out visually. Looks like I'm going to have to take a drive to the Bay Area and test drive a newer LeMans, or wait for the 1200S and put an aftermarket magni fairing on it.

I went this way....

V11_S304b.jpg

Recognise it? :whistle:

BTW Not heard of the CX100 designation....Anyone post any pics, please?

Nige. B)

A right, I see....

A LM2 with a Spada engine.......

Gottit! :thumbsup:

Sounds like a nice set up actually. I see they stuck with the smaller rectangular(?) headlamped smaller LM2 fairing upper rather than going with the larger 'touring' Spada version with the small round headlamp.

( CX in the UK has a rather unnerving psychological link to the Honda CX500 :vomit:

Well it probably has for folk of my generation anyways :oldgit: )

Nige. B)

Ballacraine,

I would have never thought of putting the side panels and fairing from LM2 (in USA CX100 with square headlight) onto the V11 sport spine. It looks good. I felt that was one of the best fairings Guzzi made for sport touring when moving very good protection from foul weather and still sporty, I miss that fairing. On my spII (Spada everywhere else) I changed the upper fairing to a copy of LM2 but with twin round headlights made by Sprint in the UK. and changed the handlebars and made the stock controls into rearsets. This is the bike I swore I would never sell...but did :homer:

http://www.socal-guzzi.com/Pictures-RichardRod.html

not sure if you will be able to see, it should pop up and scroll down to the lower pics. I haven't posted any pics of my hot rod Jackal yet I want to have it completely done before I post 'em. same goes for the Convert.

Well ,I have to admit, it was a lot of work. Not least getting the single V11 headlamp to look right in it. There was a lot of dremel work too......It weighs about half the standard one!

I am very happy with the way it came out & would certainly go the same route again, should the occasion arise. I have yet to find a better fairing than the LM2....Only thing that let it down for me was the weak rectangular headlamp. I can see you were thinking along similar lines with the Sprint fairing.

Nice to know you have ongoing projects....Mine are on hold until we move house. :glare:

Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labours! ;)

Nige. B)

Guest drhunt1

You guys are awesome...thanks for all the info. I have a couple of questions for Richard Rodriguez...is that an SP fairing that you converted to twin headlight? And where did you get the luggage brackets for your bike...I have looked high and low for 'em, and can't find a set for the Tonti frame.

TIA, and Happy New Year.

Richard...never mind the first question, I didn't read through your post :homer:

Sprint, huh? I'll have to look into that...as the one problem I had with the stock CX fairing is the rectangular headlight...not retro enough for me, and I imagine that smaller twin round headlights work better at night.

drhunt1,

the bags and racks are stock SPII (bags not in pic) they are the same mounts as earlier SP's they are a simple rack you could get any rack and modify the mounting points (cut and reweld the arms) they mount on the bolt at end of frame 2nd point is muffler bracket bolt and 3rd pioint is top shock mount. the difference between the SP and SPII bags was that the newer (spII) bags were moulded with a slant and the earllier bags were square.

if you look up sprint on web it well seem they only make stuff for brit bikes and ducati's but they make stuff for Guzzi's I emailed them and they said still make ( when I exchanged emails with them about a year ago. the lights come with fairing and are wired mine came with 2 hi/low cibies 55/60 which was a bit much on the charging system so I had to desconnect one low beem, I should of just put a on/off switch to one low beam for city driving and when on hwy up in the rpm I could run the 2 low beems. they were so much better than the stock headlight of SPII, it was worse than the square light on LeMans

dr hunt PM me and I'll send you my Ph # and we can talk about options on bags for your bike. richr