Scura at Laguna Seca

wsholar

:bier::thumbsup: only ever seen Laguna Seca on TV, looks scary: I remember in WSB, years back, Kocinski (I think) all crossed up flying past Fogarty on the outside into that long first turn...I did a couple of trackdays on the Scura & loved it. They do go well for "an old tractor"! KB :sun:

Yeah, Seca's got a coupla spots that can nail you, primarily Turns 2 and 11-- you're carrying so much speed going into those turns that you don't want to have to brake as hard as you must in order to keep from running off the track or highsiding. The Corkscrew (Turns 8A & 8B) takes a couple of laps to get the hang of, but after that, you're pretty much ready for it when you get there. There's a crested turn just before the Corkscrew that gets your attention, so everything usually falls into place from there. I botched turn 6 badly once and mildly a couple of other times. You're carrying a lot of speed into Turn 6, and if you turn in just a little early, it can send you right off the outside of the track coming out of the turn.

I like these two photos-- like mirror images:

MF1A8237_midscale.jpgTy_Croes___COPY____REDUCED_SIZE___CROP.jpg

Cheers. :bier: