Vancouver Bike Show

helicopterjim R.I.P.

Piaggio will have a booth this year featuring Moto Guzzi and Aprilia on one half and some kind of scooter stuff on the other half. I have volunteered to staff the good side for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. My MGS will also be on display so it should be the best display for Guzzi in a long time!!

Anyone looking to meet other Guzzi folk can stop by and leave their name and number and we can try to organise a time we can all join up or we can try and plan a time through the forum as Van has suggested as well!

I look forward to seeing everyone!!

Piaggio will have a booth this year featuring Moto Guzzi and Aprilia on one half and some kind of scooter stuff on the other half. I have volunteered to staff the good side for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. My MGS will also be on display so it should be the best display for Guzzi in a long time!!

Anyone looking to meet other Guzzi folk can stop by and leave their name and number and we can try to organise a time we can all join up or we can try and plan a time through the forum as Van has suggested as well!

I look forward to seeing everyone!!

:thumbsup:

with a little luck l'll get to hook-up with some of the other Vancouver area "Guzzista", might fire up the 'ole bush telegraph and organize a bunch of north island holigans and riff-raff and come down on the Thursday, still too early to finalize,

:bier:

Cheers

Van

I'll be there looking after a booth myself. Saturday.

I'm on the serious lookout for riding gear for the Baja run I'm doing 4 days after the show. Hybrib off road boots is number one. Another;, I've got 5 helmets, and not one off road helmet, or goggles.

Hope to run into you lads!!

Ciao, Steve

Oh typical, up to 5 days ago the plan was for me to head over to Van on Monday, for two weeks, so I'd have def. made the show. But, as the beaver says,the dam work's been building up, so I gotta stay home while the Mrs. gets to go over alone. Bugger.

Oh typical, up to 5 days ago the plan was for me to head over to Van on Monday, for two weeks, so I'd have def. made the show. But, as the beaver says,the dam work's been building up, so I gotta stay home while the Mrs. gets to go over alone. Bugger.

Sigh!

what 'coulda been !!

maybe if you get a chance later on in the summer, it's better then, the weather is a little more civilized, the bikes are out, they can get ridden, the girls are in their bikini's, you can slap a salmon on the BBQ. life returns and is good!!!

:bier:

Cheers

Van

.... and I was thinking of offering a couple of laps on the MGS to whoever travelled the farthest.

Better not tell my better half, then. How big is the pillion again?!

Oh well, I'll be over in September for a couple of weeks. At least I'll be able to get the corvair out of hibernation then.

Come to think of it, Helicopterjim, I think I'd have preferred a spin in your huey!

I'll be there looking after a booth myself. Saturday.

I'm on the serious lookout for riding gear for the Baja run I'm doing 4 days after the show. Hybrib off road boots is number one. Another;, I've got 5 helmets, and not one off road helmet, or goggles.

Hope to run into you lads!!

Ciao, Steve

Hey Steve, which booth are you going to be at? I'll make sure to stop by and visit. I plan on doing some shopping on Friday and coming down again on Saturday with a couple of friends.

And you are going on a Baja run! Why is it that you always seem to have all the fun? I hope you're all healed up from your last trip. :bike: At least it will be a lot warmer there than it is here.

See you at the show.

Hey Steve, which booth are you going to be at? I'll make sure to stop by and visit. I plan on doing some shopping on Friday and coming down again on Saturday with a couple of friends.

And you are going on a Baja run! Why is it that you always seem to have all the fun? I hope you're all healed up from your last trip. :bike: At least it will be a lot warmer there than it is here.

See you at the show.

I was supposed to sign up for a time slot at the British Bike Club setup, but because of the snow/traffic mess last Thursday, I didn't make the meeting. If I can sign up, I get in free. I will be there Saturday morning for sure, free or not.

I have sort of healed up from the crash last summer. Unfortunately, last weekend I had a bike on a stand, and the stand started to tip over. I grabbed the bike, and my finger got caught in between the fork and the rotor. Compound fracture, lost the nail, well, the whole end. I've got a high pain threshold level, but this was rather uncomfortable. They put it back on, but it's an ugly mess. The off-road riding in Baja will be a challenge indeed, on a 550ib monster.

Ciao, Steve

Better not tell my better half, then. How big is the pillion again?!

Oh well, I'll be over in September for a couple of weeks. At least I'll be able to get the corvair out of hibernation then.

Come to think of it, Helicopterjim, I think I'd have preferred a spin in your huey!

AHHH don't corv airs fly...? :D

• 2 weeks later...