ECU Blinks Codes Tool

mfeeney

I've found a simple tool on the internet that appears to give you the trouble codes (blink codes) that are stored in your ECU and I want to buy one. The information I have calls it a "check lamp" and it plugs into the wiring harness near the ECU. My 2004 Lemans has this plug and it has a plastic cover over it. The page on the net gives it a part number of (00 97 00 00). I've called several MG dealers and no one has heard of it. All they know about is the $1000 software tool that has all of the attachments and CDs for tuning.

It appears to be a simple LED with a 3 wire connector. Any advise will be appreciated. :nerd:

mfeeney

I've found a simple tool on the internet that appears to give you the trouble codes (blink codes) that are stored in your ECU and I want to buy one. The information I have calls it a "check lamp" and it plugs into the wiring harness near the ECU. My 2004 Lemans has this plug and it has a plastic cover over it. The page on the net gives it a part number of (00 97 00 00). I've called several MG dealers and no one has heard of it. All they know about is the $1000 software tool that has all of the attachments and CDs for tuning.

It appears to be a simple LED with a 3 wire connector. Any advise will be appreciated. :nerd:

mfeeney

You sure it fits a 15M ECU? That kind of thing was included on 16M bikes, strap tied to the harness so you can plug it in whenever needed. I have tried it but I'm not sure it's that useful.

Edit: Hm, no, on my 16M bike the LED is permanently fitted and you plug in a jumper to use it. Anyway it's the same principle.

The socket and jumper plug are fitted to the P7/P8 and 16M ECU bikes with the check lamp already hardwired and located in the underseat area.

Check out the system and full list of error codes in the Guzzi EFI Manual which you can dowload from Pyro Dan's Website - just right click on 'P7-P8 EFI Workshop Manual'

GJ

mfeeney

Probably. The trick is to make the ecu send the code, assumed there is something stored that could be sent. And then, what for?

The only thing that could be helpfull was a tool that would allow you to change the idle CO settings. A LED is surely not that thing.

Hubert

The socket and jumper plug are fitted to the P7/P8 and 16M ECU bikes with the check lamp already hardwired and located in the underseat area.

Check out the system and full list of error codes in the Guzzi EFI Manual which you can dowload from Pyro Dan's Website - just right click on 'P7-P8 EFI Workshop Manual'

GJ

Thanks for the great link. The Workshop Manual is for which years? The check lamp looks like a good thing to buy.

Please excuse my ignorance, but how do I know if I have a P7/P8 ECU? The 15M version is on my '04 Cafe Sport.

Thanks.

So therefore, Dan's workshop manual with its diagnostic codes is not correct for the 15M?

And there is no diagnostic connector for a blinking LED?

The EFI manual was produced when the P7/P8 & 16M bikes were current, so I doubt that the codes refer to the 15M bikes as they have always had diagnostic software available to interrogate the ECU - so no need for a more primitive 'blinking light' system to find out what could be wrong with the system.

The part number given in the original message for the 'simple tool' is the check lamp which features in the last few pages of the EFI manual, which performs the same function as the on-bike diagnostic lamp.

GJ