Giro d´Italy

alfaguzzi

Hej Bill Hagan

Tanks for your question

I drove from Halmstad in Sweden the 25/6 and came back 12/7.

Sunshine all the way, only thunderstorms in 3 nights.

This was my tour in short:

26/6 Tegernsee, Germany, beautiful

27-30/6 Canazei, Dolomite, Italy, Great, super mountain roads

1-2/7 Torbole, Gardasee, Italy, ok

2/7 Mandello and a walk in THE Moto Guzzi factory, religious

3-8/7 Domasu, Comolake, Super nice place, high roads riding in the mornings and bath afternoons

8-11/7 Stelvio, Italy, Fransenhöe hotel, cant get any better, American girl owner, make a stay. Super great high mountain roads for the Le Mans and hiking for my shoes.

12/7 1100 km back to Sweden, with a slippery clutch

15/7 Change the Le Mans to a California Special Sport for a more relaxed ridingposistion on next year tour in the Norwegian fjord and fjäll (coast and mountain)

I will stay in the forum, maybe I buy a Le Mans again.

Tommy, Halmstad/Sweden

Great story, Tommy. Glad I asked. Clever title. In my younger, fit days (redundant, huh?), I rode a pedal bike competitively, and Giro D'italia evokes great memories of incredible feats.

Anyway, I have an EV and V11S (Ballabio) and they are ,of course, very different m/c. Still, if relaxed riding position (as opposed to storage,pillion comfort, etc.) is the goal, why not simply get raised bars, as on the Ballabio? Available after-market. The difference in ergos between my V11S and a standard is quite remarkable, simply by that little trick.

Thanks again.

BTW, explaining to my wife why we MUST go to that American-girl-owned pensione at Stelvio without quite saying why will take some doing. ;)

Finally, please accept condolences, on behalf of all Americans, at the tragic murder of your PM. Such violence seems such a sad part of daily life.

Bill