Idle ,Relays ,trans-THANKS

power685

Hello,new guy here and need to express my thanks to this wonderful forum.I have been riding Japanese bikes for the past 8 yrs,with nary a problem.I looked at a new V11 back in 2002 but bought a Hayabusa instead.Loved the performance ,comfort and reliability of the Busa.After too much time spent at law braking speeds I decieded it was time to slow down a bit.I started looking at harleys and realized that there just wasnt enough sport in them for me.Then I came across the Guzzi line again. I decieded I liked the V11 the most out of the line up.Although the 8v Griso caught my eye ,but it was out of my price range.While searching around the internet for a V11 ,I was lucky enough to find a new left over 2004 V11 (wow)!!!.I bought it up immeadiatly and had it shipped to me.

My first ride was short (30 mi) and I had a few problems that I thought might be driver error or break-in related.I was getting worried that I should have bought another Japanese bike and no tried to get tricky with this sexy Italian iron.I had a really low idle,poor performace,a hard /no start situation, and a hard time getting into and past 3rd gear.

Well I have nothing new to tell you that hasnt been gone over on the forum.I had to adjust TPS and sync throlltle bodies which cured the low idle and the bike now pulls and runs like a frieght train.I noticed that when the bike wouldnt start ,and would just crank and crank,I didnt hear the fuel pump prime.I immediatly ordered all new relays from Dan.He sent them out right away and I got them in 2 days(fantastic service).Put new fuel pump relay in and bike turns right over and starts with just a touch of the button.I also installed a PC545 battery.

Last and scariest issue for me was the transmission problem.After a few short rides I determined the shifting was not break-in related or my error.Searched the forum and found out everything about the adjuster behind the acorn nut.Followed forum instructions and found the sweet spot on the first tweak.Shifts/clicks like a snap-on ratchet now.

I dont know what I would have done without the info from this forum.I thought I made a big mistake with my purchase in March 2009.I couldnt believe that a new machine could have these problems.Heck I didnt even think I was capable of fixing these problems.My thanks to all the knowlegable people on this site and thier willingness to share with the rest of us.

My next project will be to do my first service and install Stucchi crossover and factory Ti exhaust and ECU.And you can bet I will be searching the forum for advise on how.THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE-AL

By the way any New jersey/SE penna riders outthere??

Direct your thanks to Jaap - for making this forum posssible - I doubt there is a better bike "assist" site on the net. Helps that these bikes are so easy to work on, and that there are so many people willing to post their experiences. The Guzzi community is extraordinry.

Happy to have you in the fold.

Hi power 685,

congratulations with your new purchase. Guzzis come with Italian 'charm' as you have experienced yourself but once bitten by the V11 bug there's no return.

As BMG says this is the motorcycle forum to end all motorcycle forums - doesn't get any better. There's always knowledgeable people ready to share their thoughts when you have questions. Next time it could be you who can help a fellow Guzzisti in Europe, Australia etc., aye?? ;)

Ride safely and keep them tyres solidly on the tarmac.

BR

Søren

Thanks guys,and a big big thanks to Jaap.I dont know what Id have done with this bike with all this "charm".Im so glad I can finely get to burn some gas.

Tekkanen you are right,it is becoming quite addicting .I cant quit put my finger on it.Its not the best handling bike Ive ridden.Its not the fastest nor the most comfortable.All I do know is I really do enjoy riding this bike.And for me I find it absolutely beautiful .