Mono Tailpiece ?

robbiekb

Has anyone produced a nice "mono" tailpiece for the V11 ? I'm thinking of using my green V11 as a track bike and for my Friday/Saturday night streetfighter and with Ingrid now owning her own bike, I never ride with a passenger.

Guest PAULSMART

I have had thoughts along theses lines, and was looking at a seat unit off a Magni Australia, it has a similar shape.

They are available from Teo Lamers and a cheap price. 98 euros

Paul

post-5-1087199596_thumb.jpg

On a similar, but opposite vein, is anyone aware of a replacement seat unit offering a better pillion provision? The stock unit with removable cowl seems to have been designed for riders with enormous backsides, and tiny pillions!!

The magni australia tail isn't wide enough for the rearframe. So if you anr't planning a real rebuild, no option. And what I also think is that the magni tail is to thin opticaly compared to the tank. I'm going to do a small series of these magni tails, with alu subframe. Basicaly for the daytona/sport1100, but that should fit the v11 too.

The only single tail I know of, is the prototype made for the v11 in 1998, but isn't for sale.

I've been thinking about doing a single seat version like that, but it will also require a new seat and mounting hardware

coda.jpg

On a similar, but opposite vein, is anyone aware of a replacement seat unit offering a better pillion provision? The stock unit with removable cowl seems to have been designed for riders with enormous backsides, and tiny pillions!!

Contact forummember Rich Maund in the US. He rebuilds V11 seats. A lot of forummembers already have one.