New Guzzis for EICMA Milan

Guest Macio

I don't think 110 cv or 200kg is achivable not with an aircooled motor at least. The corsa is only just under 200kg dry with 125hp probally at the crank. Is it 15:00 yet?

The chain drive is at the rear of the cylinders to improve cooling. The 1200 motors have triple the oil pump capacity of earlier big blocks with additional passages in the cylinder hear for oil cooling and oil spray under the pistons and who knows what else, but Guzzi is apparently serious about shuttling horsepower heat away from critical areas of the engine so that more power can be produced. I'll bet that the OHC chain drive implementation is a sorry bitch to work on though. Let's hope the chain tensioner is a much better design than some of the Guzzi implementations of the past - like virtually every big block Guzzi 2V engine ever made...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's what I mean for a new Moto Guzzi with 8v and 1200cc. Not da Griso!

Moto Guzzi use to dominate the motoGP in the early years of the racemotorcycles.

The sport machine has needed! Moto Guzzi give this machine to us!!! Not da Griso, please.

This Griso is a stereotype of "pimp my bike" :bbblll:

Antonio , empty your PM folder to send you a PM. OK?

:helmet:

Officialy on Moto-Guzzi website Guzzi site link

merci jm :)

ok, now that the new engine does exists, and that it has been ok'ed for EC norms, let's hope someone at Piaggio sees the opportunity to do an MGS02...

Guest mathieuguzzi

Well well !!! Finally we see this new 4 valve per cyl. engine !

It is funny that after all the talks/rumors/prototypes... of watercooled engine, Guzzi eventually

proposes a "good old" air/oil cooled 4v valve closely based on the 2v. BMW showed the way and Guzzi clearly wants to compete with its german old friend.

It definitely is a great day for all Guzzisti. Guzzi now has a motor which offers decent performance by today's standards and we've been waiting for this moment for so long...

Bring the Mgs02 now !

1/ well, now that there's a new 4v engine.

2/ now that they know where all the casts for the new engine are :)

3/now that it has very probably being done with the EC regulations in mind (and the other territories too i guess)

that's 3 excuses less they'll use everytime someone asks for a road going MGS :)

that's 3 excuses less they'll use everytime someone asks for a road going MGS :)

I don't know , but if it's going to take long to e088.gif.. get a proper sporty bike in the market I think c024.gif I'll have to invest some money to buy a Leman :grin: or a motors

the fastest of it's kind. c045.gif

Alex, try it now...

Sorry but you was too fast for me :P

Yes I am fast -_- , worked now :thumbsup:

HEY I like the griso but for me this might be an even better choice over a harley in a few years. it looks really sweet.

guzzi940C.jpg

hell I want every bike from everyone, I'm really not that picky. I want bikes I haven't even seen in fact I don't even know what this is.but I want it.