New Guzzis for EICMA Milan

Guest Macio

Well I could not wait to get home from work tonight and log on to see the new Guzzis but I feel a little underwhelmed.

The custom thingy- who designed it? Stevie Wonder? I mean its just plain fugly- nearly as naff as Ducati Indiana or Honda CX500 Custom- its badly proportioned and just not pleasing to the eye. The lines are all wrong. A Tonti framed Jackal looks much nicer if you like this sort of thing. And why the new motor capacity- what is the point?

The Griso 4V- more interesting and maybe more fun than the 1100 but why? Lets say it really makes 100hp at the rear wheel- why not make an MGS02? Or why not put the 4V motor in the new 1200 "Sport" instead. Maybe that is the long term plan.

The 850 Bor(g)e- I expect this has been made to suit local European markets where it is too expensive to own a big capacity motor due to insurance or licensing reasons. Can't see anyone else wanting the smaller motor with the same weight as a 1200 Norge unless they are insane.

May I suggest that Italian designers go back to their roots and design bikes in the afternoon after they have shagged their secretaries and drunk 2 bottles of vino rosso during a 3 hour lunch break- that way we may get something a bit more exciting.

Guy :helmet:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BMW showed the way and Guzzi clearly wants to compete with its german old friend.

Bring the Mgs02 now !

BMW has stated it has gone as far as it can with an aircooled twin in the R1200S. Dunno I think they will let the motor run in the Griso with a relativly conservative state of tune for at least six months to see what breaks on it. Then they will see what is possible.

:bike:

Some masochist does have made this aborts!!! :thing:

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?

GARBAGE???

It looks like Moto Guzzi have had some spare parts too much and they thought “uuhuuhmmm, should we throw it away or can we recycle this all old shit?”

So they made this…..this……How should I call it? Bricolage.

Give me a break…. :glare:

Sometimes I get SO mad about Moto Guzzi. They couldn't think big.

Can normal people go to this bike show or is it strictly for the waif-model need a good thanksgiving stuffing type folks?

I like the Griso by the way. Anyone near Joliet Il know what the Triumph dealer off of 80 wants for theirs?

Guest mathieuguzzi

I am wondering what sort of character we should expect from this new 1200 4v, based on the limited tech info we got so far.

How should it compare to the old design 4v used on the mgs01? Its power output is impressive but soul is a another matter as true italian twin believers know. Should its spec make it a sport oriented engine?

Just curious to know what the experts think!