Keep the home fires burning

belfastguzzi

Guest ratchethack

No no no -- MUST not run 'em without headers -- the exhaust valves're sure to let go. . . :o

Bet it sounds like the proverbial "wikkid pissah" though. . . :whistle:

No no no -- MUST not run 'em without headers -- the exhaust valves're sure to let go. . . :o

Bet it sounds like the proverbial "wikkid pissah" though. . . :whistle:

Don't worry Ratchet. I'm aware of vague possibility of danger but don't really believe that a short burst of turning the motor at lowest revs will lead to catastrophic failure. It had to be done, briefly – in the interests of inquiry. That was, to push oil out through cracks obscured by header. Unfortunately the escaping oil didn't catch fire as that would have made a much better photo.

Mind you, I'm tempted to rev it up to get a jet-engine / flame thrower photo when it's dark tonight. The thing is falling apart anyway.

Hey, we bikers are the dangerous sort anyway. Rev'em up.

What risks do you see, Ratchet. Is it dangerous for the valves or for the fotographer?

Hubert

Mind you, I'm tempted to rev it up to get a jet-engine / flame thrower photo when it's dark tonight. The thing is falling apart anyway.

Hey, we bikers are the dangerous sort anyway. Rev'em up.

Would make a cool photo, you won't hurt your valves running briefly without back pressure, just don't ride it like that.

But if you do, post the pics! :P

Would make a cool photo, you won't hurt your valves running briefly without back pressure, just don't ride it like that.

But if you do, post the pics! :P

Well, yeah. I'm spurred on by Jaap's photo comp.

Think I'll do it. :o

Sure, the petrol tank can only go on fire...

Sure, the petrol tank can only go on fire...

No problem, placing a second camera in some safe distance would let you cope with this.

Hubert

BTW, BFG, you might like this festival. 180.000 people last year. Sorry for not being one english word on this homepage.

I'm converting the oul' heap to an industrial paint stripper

BTW, BFG, you might like this festival. 180.000 people last year. Sorry for not being one english word on this homepage.

cheers H, I've borrowed the video link for a while