numb feet on v 11

bigbikerrick

Is it both feet equal? If you lift your foot off the peg does the sensation change? Do you have to straighten the leg to get a change? Has it been doiing this all along or more lately?

69217[/snapback]

Yes, both feet equal, if I lift foot from the peg the sensation goes away in a minute or so, straightening out the leg helps, but I dont think its circulatory, it must be vibe caused as Rich Maund stated in his post, Im going to have to try the rubber coated pegs.

I used to have the same problem with the standard front pegs on my '99 V11. I 'borrowed' the rear footrests from my wifes Nevada 750. They fit perfectly with a few M6 washers to space them out, have a thick rubber top and a splash of chrome for that bling bling custom look. Hey presto - no more 'sleepy' foot syndrome on long trips :bike::D.

I used to have the same problem with the standard front pegs on my '99 V11. I 'borrowed' the rear footrests from my wifes Nevada 750. They fit perfectly with a few M6 washers to space them out, have a thick rubber top and a splash of chrome for that bling bling custom look. Hey presto - no more 'sleepy' foot syndrome on long trips  :bike::D.

69322[/snapback]

Hey that sounds like a great solution.... if only we could get MG parts here in the USA.I think im going to have to make the kawasaki peg adaptation like Rich Maund. Thanks for the reply.

I hear the Ducati Monster pegs also fit. :luigi:

Simpler yet, go to the athletic store and get some inexpensive insoles for your sneakers. You can get them with gel pads. "Spenko" makes some that are better than the "Dr. Shoals" stuff.

What size do you wear? I have some black Alpinstar 'boots' that are styled like hi-tops. Like new and yours if they'll fit. B)

This is the Nevada rear footrest fitted on my V11. They don't look out of place on the bike - being no longer than the standard V11 peg. They're not spring loaded of course but they do have free movement. Vibration problems have been totally eliminated.

rest004.jpg

Nevada 750 part numbers required:

1 off 66 44 07 30 right hand mounting bar/pin

1 off 66 44 18 30 left hand mounting bar/pin

2 off 66 44 16 30 washer

2 off 51 60 98 00 washer

2 off 66 44 32 30 footrest rubber

2 off 31 44 12 60 footrest plate

I used these stainless steel fasteners to mount them: :luigi:

4 off M3 x 16 setscrews

4 off M3 washers

2 off M6 x 40 setscrews

4 off M6 washers + 4 or 6 for spacers within the original V11 mounts

2 off M6 nyloc nuts

Guest ratchethack

This thread started me thinking about pegs. Many thanks, Rick. I didn't know if I'd like this or not, but after riding on 'em for a few days, it's a definite YES! - I'm leaving 'em on.

Leftover crankcase breather hose

cost: $0 :sun:

time to install: 10 min. :luigi:

force required: lots :doh:

vibration control: was alright to start with, might actually be better now ^_^

comfort: significantly better :grin:

traction: oh, yeah - LOTS better :thumbsup::thumbsup:

post-1212-1133566849_thumb.jpg

This thread started me thinking about pegs.  Many thanks, Rick.  I didn't know if I'd like this or not, but after riding on 'em for a few days, it's a definite YES! - I'm leaving 'em on. 

Leftover crankcase breather hose

cost: $0 :sun:

time to install: 10 min. :luigi:

force required: lots :doh:

vibration control: was alright to start with, might actually be better now ^_^

comfort: significantly better :grin:

traction: oh, yeah - LOTS better :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

69408[/snapback]

Hey Thats a pretty good idea, Im going to try that until I find some japaneese bike pegs that fit. Maybe I can even go all out and find some red colored hose at the local euro car shop( honda civic with huge fart can muffler) that way no one can say my bike looks "Ghetto" HeHeHe. :D

Simpler yet, go to the athletic store and get some inexpensive insoles for your sneakers. You can get them with gel pads. "Spenko" makes some that are better than the "Dr. Shoals" stuff.

What size do you wear? I have some black Alpinstar 'boots' that are styled like hi-tops. Like new and yours if they'll fit. B)

69355[/snapback]

Thanks Docc, Im willing to try anything at this point, I went for a 45 minute ride today and the bottom of my feet felt like they were on fire! I wear size 10.5 -11 shoes.

This is the Nevada rear footrest fitted on my V11. They don't look out of place on the bike - being no longer than the standard V11 peg. They're not spring loaded of course but they do have free movement. Vibration problems have been totally eliminated.

rest004.jpg

Nevada 750 part numbers required:

1 off 66 44 07 30 right hand mounting bar/pin

1 off 66 44 18 30 left hand mounting bar/pin

2 off 66 44 16 30 washer

2 off 51 60 98 00 washer

2 off 66 44 32 30 footrest rubber

2 off 31 44 12 60 footrest plate

I used these stainless steel fasteners to mount them:  :luigi:

4 off M3 x 16 setscrews

4 off M3 washers

2 off M6 x 40 setscrews

4 off M6 washers + 4 or 6 for spacers within the original V11 mounts

2 off M6 nyloc nuts

69393[/snapback]

those pegs look nice, but trying to get Guzzi parts ,at least through my dealer now is almost impossible, Ive been waiting for warranty replacement intake boots to replace my cracked ones since late August.

Guest ratchethack
Maybe I can even go all out and find some red  colored hose at the local euro car shop( honda civic with huge fart can muffler) that way no one can say my bike looks "Ghetto" HeHeHe. :D

69441[/snapback]

Hmmmmmm.....red hose that turns dirty pink with use and oxidation from the sun would look OK, and black is "Ghetto"?? To each his own. :huh2:

I'm never particularly concerned with what the Great Unwashed might think or say about how my bike looks. <_< As for me, I prefer to think of my hose-job as "Shade-Tree", or even "Barnyard", although I think "Grease Pit" also has a certain caché. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

OK, after reading all about pegs and knowing the footpegs look really close between the V11 and the Ducati Monster, I went out to the garage and installed one foot peg from a Ducati Monster onto the Rosso. Fits perfect, no fuss, no mess! The spring is a little harder to put in but not bad.

So if you need a slightly cheaper alternative, find a set of footpegs from a 1994 to 2006 Ducati Monster with the standard swingarm setup, not the newer Monsters with the one sided swingarm. Also, the Monster's came with either all aluminum footpegs or the rubber topped ones. The front and rear footpegs are the same part number on the Monster's and not on the Guzzi.

I purchased 4 rubber coated Monster pegs for $42.00 on ebay last week (needed them for my wifes old Monster), so the price is right.

Footpeg1.jpgFootpeg2.jpgFootpeg3.jpg

Mike

69355[/snapback]