Flow bench measurements

motoguzznix

@skeeve: Nana with that displacement (bout 1200+) it would sound somewhat more reasonable, but were talking bout 1063ccms and 10.5:1 compression, 40mm dellortos and most likely "their" camshafts (and not Megacylcegrinds), so to shed a lil more lite into the issue; good 2 valve speedway bikes have bout 55-57 horses (in rare cases a lil more up to 60) on the crank so how 119 horses come up seems a fairytale out of brothers grimm's fairybooks.

kind regards

christian

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christian,

I do appreciate your hobbies and interests ;), believe me. Then maybe my first answer was written in a somewhat misleading tone, yes, maybe. But, compared to how much effort and time you have to spend to get any measurable and worth telling results on a flow bench (not to talk of the material/heads you need) I still do believe that this somewhat anachronistic Guzzi 2 valve concept is not the ideal basis for it. And I think you don't work on Guzzi 2-V heads anyway.

I was not really asking how many horsepowers these Manx or Guzzis had, I knew that they also were somewhere above 50 HP.

RL - that's Real Life ;)

Hubert

Christian,

I do appreciate your hobbies and interests ;), believe me. Then maybe my first answer was written in a somewhat misleading tone, yes, maybe. But, compared to how much effort and time you have to spend to get any measurable and worth telling results on a flow bench (not to talk of the material/heads you need) I still do believe that this somewhat anachronistic Guzzi 2 valve concept is not the ideal basis for it. And I think you don't work on Guzzi 2-V heads anyway.

I was not really asking how many horsepowers these Manx or Guzzis had, I knew that they also were somewhere above 50 HP.

RL - that's Real Life ;)

Hubert

hey hubert of course i do have a spare set of SP1000 heads to play with, since heads that are a bad design to start with are a lot of times more rewarding if reworked. (its a popular missconception ( and obviously a good marketing gag) that such a lot of heads and material (besides machines) are needed; wisely spread by some big distributors in order to ask more for their so called flowbench reworked heads)

Why shouldnt one work on the guzzi heads? DR. John (ok a while ago but nevertheless) as a classic enthusiastic, friendly example did so, why not also bothering with it. Besides that when one knowes where potential culprits hide, than things also get a lot easier with some experience.

And i can tell you for sure that if you see some modern designs, you start wondering bout what some so called real life people do in their so called real lifes.

If you didnt ask bout the horsepower figures than why did you ask?? or was it some sort of hard to understand dry humour hypothetical question, since you obviously didnt ask then in order to get a serious "normal" answer?

I worked so far on several heads of different (classic and modern)bikes and can assure you that there are quite several designs that are of worse design than the "seat of the pants" como stuff. That is by the way for the enthusiastic approacher quite rewarding as said

kind regards

ciao a tutti

Christian

PS: I see perhaps your point but if one uses a flowbench not just for posting big numbers and uses it wisely quite a lot can be achieved under the provision that the sight on the whole concept doesnt get lost.

And for me that was never to use my guzzi for traveling to the Nordkapp or the Elefantentreffen ;-)

If you didnt ask bout the horsepower figures than why did you ask?? ....

Because others had this perfomance already in the late 30ies, last century. That's all. Just a rhetoric question. Nevertheless it's still a good job to bring a 500cc SR/XT to this level.

Hubert

Because others had this perfomance already in the late 30ies, last century. That's all. Just a rhetoric question. Nevertheless it's still a good job to bring a 500cc SR/XT to this level.

Hubert

1. Rudge TT500 28 hp@6500 in the 30ies

Bsa Goldstar clubman ca 1962 ca 42 hp in the 60ies

Just purely rethoric, hypothetical answer, thats all :P

2. thanks

Kind regards

christian ciao a tutti e buona notte

Language, words, ain't your favorite tools, are they?

:moon:

and, to quote some more of your output:

"First class, high speed wanking, nothing else

real life sex will never hold what masturbation did promise you

I knew that they also....That's all. Just a rhetoric question!"

Language, words, humor, .....common polite sense aint exactly your favorite tool either to begin with??

Something else needed?

kind regards

christian

and, to quote some more of your output:

"First class, high speed wanking, nothing else

real life sex will never hold what masturbation did promise you

I knew that they also....That's all. Just a rhetoric question!"

Language, words, humor, .....common polite sense aint exactly your favorite tool either to begin with??

Something else needed?

kind regards

christian

Some good words there Christian..

:thumbsup:

Lets not waste too much words on this caracter...