Got to give it up to MPH

orangeokie

I decided to trailer my bike with me to Houston on a business trip. Dropped her off at MPH and met Todd and Mike (the owner). I was thoroughly impressed with their friendly and knowledgeable service. My LeMans now runs like new (I had to go for a ride as soon as I got back to Oklahoma City - temperatures in the 20's)

:bier: to Todd, Mike and MPH

• 1 month later...

I bought my LeMans from MPH last December. Mike, Todd, Davy, they're all nice folks and Guzzi experts.

The shifter spring, discussed in a few threads over many years in this forum, broke last Saturday. Luckily I was close to home. Mike loaned me his ramps and tie downs so I could get the bike to the shop. He repaired it, quickly, installing the updated 15mm boss, it as soon as I got the bike there.

First class customer service.

I have to chime in here. Yesterday I stopped at my local "dealer". The place is currently Triumph / Moto Guzzi with Aprilia on the horizon. Recently they were a Suzuki dealer but no more and for decades ending several years ago they carried BMW. I needed an oil filter for my BMW and cylinder base gaskets for my V11. Now he hasn't been a BMW dealer since the turn of the century but had a filter for me. No luck on the base gaskets for the Moto Guzzi though. I've tried to buy other various MG parts from him in the past with little luck. My next step was to try the other two newer area dealers each about 15-20 miles from me, both under the same ownership. The call to the first one netted me a phone company recording of the line being disconnected. My call to the second one informed me that they do not stock many MG parts and they take "about a week" to get.

So I call old reliable Todd H. The gaskets are on the shelf, I added some CRG levers to the order and he said they would ship this afternoon. :thumbsup:

I only wish they would open a branch close by.

Base gaskets? What are you up to there Dan? High compression pistons? :P:

Mike Rich pistons. I'm expecting delivery today or tomorrow :P:

Mike Rich pistons. I'm expecting delivery today or tomorrow :P:

:thumbsup:

Are you going for a dyno pull/remap too? Be sure to let us know how you make out.

I'd also be real interested to know if you had any pinging with the stock pistons, and if it goes away with the MR's.

Again, :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Are you going for a dyno pull/remap too? Be sure to let us know how you make out.

I'd also be real interested to know if you had any pinging with the stock pistons, and if it goes away with the MR's.

Again, :thumbsup:

I do have a PCIII and map adjustments will be needed I'm sure. I havn't found a qualified dyno in my area yet but I do have a 4 gas analyzer and may play with some maps I already have. I have been running an off the shelf map that I tweeked primarily at low rpm & low throttle openings. The bike now has M4 carbon cans, a FBF crossover and modified air box lid. I don't have any pinging issues.

I'll report my results.