Aftermarket Exhaust

SoullesS

I've got a 2001 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport and have been exploring ways to mod it since before I even bought the damn thing. I love it and want to make it my own as much as possible. I like the stock cans (which I bastardized not 72 hours after driving the bike home) but have seen a few photos floating around with the Ghezzi-Brian racing exhaust system that is placed under the bike. I've searched the forum here and have come up with links and tips but most of em seem a bit dated. I tried contacting the Ghezzi-Brian people directly with no result.

I wonder if this is the only option available for this type of exhaust and where I might find one or something similar.

l_b807095ef1794ac65d134b30f93ed5fc.jpg

I've got a 2001 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport and have been exploring ways to mod it since before I even bought the damn thing. I love it and want to make it my own as much as possible. I like the stock cans (which I bastardized not 72 hours after driving the bike home) but have seen a few photos floating around with the Ghezzi-Brian racing exhaust system that is placed under the bike. I've searched the forum here and have come up with links and tips but most of em seem a bit dated. I tried contacting the Ghezzi-Brian people directly with no result.

I wonder if this is the only option available for this type of exhaust and where I might find one or something similar.

l_b807095ef1794ac65d134b30f93ed5fc.jpg

Search the forum using the words Quat D, who make the system- you will find a wealth of discussion and info!

Guy :helmet:

Search the forum using the words Quat D, who make the system- you will find a wealth of discussion and info!

Guy :helmet:

If you type quat-d in the search engine you will find a couple of posts. The ex-box from quat D has pros and cons. Pros are that the bike is ready and stable at very low rpm, and the acceleration is very progressive, eliminating the hole at 4000rpm. Drawbacks are that it lays very close to the ground, you will have to be careful regarding bumps and ramps, especially with the pillion.

It requires some diy to be mounted, you have to add some washers otherwise it will not fit on the frame.

Sound is E.V.I.L.

Thanks for the tips about Quat D. I will roll it around in my head for a while until I save enough money, unless a deal comes along I can't refuse. :D

I still think I like the Ghezzi-Brian one a bit more but I suppose the same effect is achieved. I'll look a bit harder but there seems to be some descripency among members as to the performance of the Quat D exhaust, some seem to say there is a loss in performace, while others adimently disagree. Time to do some research.

Thanks for the tips about Quat D. I will roll it around in my head for a while until I save enough money, unless a deal comes along I can't refuse. :D

I still think I like the Ghezzi-Brian one a bit more but I suppose the same effect is achieved. I'll look a bit harder but there seems to be some descripency among members as to the performance of the Quat D exhaust, some seem to say there is a loss in performace, while others adimently disagree. Time to do some research.

They are kind of hard to get ahold of...special order...then again, for a guzzi what isn't

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproduc...orcycle%20Parts

The Ghezzi and Brian ex-box is the Quat D.