Crashed Truck Miracle

Guest ratchethack

Hm. <_<

Now we don't know if the driver had a flat tire, hit a big red 'roo (just an inclusive, "Big Tent" kinda speculation fer' our Pals from Oz), had an alien visitation, suddenly suffered a ruptured appendix, or if he'd just heard a campaign ad for Hillary f'er Prez on his radio. :lol:

But assuming none o' these were the cause:

D'ya reckon if he'd hit the barrier a little further up the road and took the big dive that:

*There'd be negligence suit(s).

*Lots of lawyers would get lots of billable hours.

*Someone or some thing (pick y'er favorite agency) other than the driver should be/would be found negligent.

*Someone somewhere would FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL guilty for not warning someone/calling someone/doing something to prevent it from happening in the first place.

*The manufacturer/installer of the "obviously inadequate" barrier should/would lose his business/license/freedom/property/savings/life.

*There ought to be legislation making more robust barriers mandatory everwhere there's this kind of danger.

*There should be a mandatory automated warning system in vehicles that wake people up when they nod off at the wheel.

*There should be mandatory blood alcohol breathalyzers installed in dashboards that only activate ignition systems of sober drivers.

*Every vehicle should have mandatory automated systems that steer themselves.

*Every vehicle should have mandatory parachutes and huge exterior airbags installed that deploy when the vehicle parts company with terra firma.

*There should be huge warning signs posted on the road with flashing lights, bells, whistles, and sirens that go off when a vehicle approaches to alert drivers of the hazard.

-- Or d'ya reckon wot most every insurance inspector on most single-vehicle accidents would put on his report -- that whether our driver (with his new nickname, "Lucky") took the big dive or not, he more'n likely screwed up -- that is, he was more'n likely operating his truck in an unsafe manner?

Enquiring minds just gotta know. ;)

The first picture impressive, move on to the second WOW.

Yes very lucky.

Ratchet, I agree, as he apparently got away Scott free I'd doubt any change in this case and as you say if he'd lost control a smidge earlier I'd suspect a review of signage, but you as you pointed out with that Italian "castle" there's only so much you can do. Perhaps we do need a disclaimer on the bottom of the "pink slip" that you take responsibility for your usage of your vehicle. :grin:

The :drink: has started to take effect and I miss read the Roo explanation, I initially didn't take "big tent" to mean what we'd term umbrella ( coverage) but "trouser tent" and had miss read "hit a big red roo" to be "hit on a big red roo" and a slanderous slur on our pals orientation. Perhaps I need to add bromide to my G&T :blush:

I thought I did pretty good when the right front A-arm of the 84 Nissan truck I was driving folded up and bounced me off of the rear wheels of a tractor trailer rig which then proceeded to run through the cab of my pickup truck and crush the right side of it while I was still going 65 mph. I thought I was lucky - but this guy defies luck beyond any imagining!