Assist please--won't start **fixed-neutral switch**

stormsedge

felix42o, thx...I went out to look for a violet wire and found one in front of the shifter, under/below the starter. had to peel back the rubber cap, saw that there was some corrosion on the plug, so cleaned it off. will see if it made a difference tomorrow. thanks again.

Hi Wick,

My memory (or what's left of it) from recently replacing my selector spring, is that the neutral switch plunger extends into a depression when the selector is in neutral. I think the plunger spring would be more relaxed in neutral, more compressed in a gear. This would support leaving the bike parked in neutral if you were worried about fatiguing the spring.

Jim.

St Aug, sounds good. I loop down on A1A through St A and back up Hwy 1 about every other Saturday just to exercise the bike. Let me know. Btw, don't know about your kickstand issue, but the N light symptoms you describe were close to what I was experiencing before the N switch failed. Good news is that if you run that wire to ground, the bike will run, so you can afford to experiment with cleaning the terminal. k

Many many previsous discussions regarding this switch; accessible by searching on "neutral switch".

Some document success by just cleaning the switch instead of replacing it.

I wasn't that smart :( but, now I have an old one for my tool box, which didn't have one before. :D