gattlinberg and eals gap and on to northeast

fernando

in case anyone wants to join,

on june 15th i will leave coral gables ,in miami , for gattlinberg ,tenn.

there i will meet at the econolodge hotel 4 or 5 riders coming down from connecticut .

we will stay there riding the dragon's tail and other local roads including the ashville castle until thursday june 21 when we head north to connecticut via ,?????

we may take 4 days or 2 days to get back,depending on weather and if we go into local roads in tennessee,west va. and ohio/pa.

anyone interested ,we will be checking into the econolodge in gattlinberg on the 17 th of june

fernando

I may just see you down there, the national SV rally is somewhere around that date and my son and I are planning to attend and spend some time riding the local roads. I will have to check the dates again but maybe we'll cross paths!

Hal

Looks like we'll miss you by just a few days as we'll be just across the mountain in Sweewater June 8-10. So far just a few of us.

There is good word coming out of the Tennessee Highway Patrol that the new commander for that region is determined to stop the excesses on US 129. Apparently the strategy is to call 20 mph over the speed limit "reckless driving" which is an arrest and impound offense.

Ride well, docc

Looks like we'll miss you by just a few days as we'll be just across the mountain in Sweewater June 8-10. So far just a few of us.

There is good word coming out of the Tennessee Highway Patrol that the new commander for that region is determined to stop the excesses on US 129. Apparently the strategy is to call 20 mph over the speed limit "reckless driving" which is an arrest and impound offense.

Ride well, docc

Actually, that Deal's Gap thing is an Internet hoax that the THP itself has debunked. Ride appropriately, ride legally, and you're fine. In VA, 20 mph and more over the speed limit is reckless driving--so 55 in a 35mph zone is a big, big deal. Too, 80mph and more is reckless...so 80 mph in a 65 or a 70 zone is also reckless drving.

That said, you should really consider the VA Guzzi rally in Buena Vista, VA (just east of Lexington) June 22-24, 2007. It's the 25th anniversary of this great rally, so maybe you can put it on your list.

A few fellas & I are driving to the AR rally the weekend before, then making our way across TN to meet up in Buena Vista.

That should be no surprise I guess. I feel like Chicken Little. :blush:

I'm not sure what the speed limit is there, but I don't guess I'd be rolling the Gap at 55.

I belive the speed limit on the Gap is now 30mph. :moon: I remember 10 years ago when it was 55 mph and as the traffic increase the speed limit decreased.

As long as you act like its a public road and not a race track you will not have any problems and should have a much better time. :bike:

I might try and meet you out there Frenando! :drink:

I second what Joe has said about the VA Rally -- you are going to be in the area, and it is a great rally.

I hit it for the first time last year with my wife and we really enjoyed ourselves.

They regularly get over 100 participants, and a wide range of folks come... the longest mile (male) had started in Wisconsin, went out to the West coast, then hit the rally.

Longest ride for a female came down from Newfoundland.

Lots of fun, great folks and great roads -- 10 minutes to Blue Ridge Parkway.

:2c:

As you may already know, it would be best to do the dragon during the week. It gets too busy on the weekends. I have always timed it that way and have been happy with the decesion.

Thirds on the Virginia Rally. Ron and Alice work hard to make it nice!! I am looking forward to it.

Zoom Zoom,

John Henry