Question for guys running pod filters...

profWacko

Dan:

There're some threads here by an Aussie boffin (no offense meant) named Phil A. who advocates belling out the intake snorkels and drilling two holes in the lid. He claims that with this set-up and the paper filter, it flows more air and makes more power than with the lidless airbox and K&N.

I modified my airbox thusly. I didn't do any dyno testing to verify the power claims, but I can say that the noise penalty is very, very slight, which is a good result. You don't hear the intakes at all until you whack open the throttle, whereupon you hear the standard intake moan, only slightly deeper in tone and slightly louder. Power seems at least as good as it was. And you get to keep the paper filter.

Here's the link to the Phil A airbox mod: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...=8924&st=30

Note that Phil suggested 3 holes with the middle one about an inch forward of the one shown in Guzzijack's picture.

I did the mod but I can't comment on sound or performance until I get my bike back on the road.

I firmly bent a redbull can above the spine :grin:

But now (just to try it) i returned to stock airbox with a great panel filter made by the italian sprintfilter: it's made of nylon thread, (no hard-to-clean cotton like podfilters, or use-once paper like stock's one) easy maintenance, just need to clean it with any kind of soap. Increase power and torque, decrease fuel consumption. tested and suggested by scola. :bier:

You can order it @ Agostini (Mandello) is available for every kind of Guzzi, even norge, breva and griso. :luigi:

But for the summer, i'll go for a little bit of hp more with a pair of k&n pods :helmet:

Guest Mattress

When noise becomes excruciating, it is well past the threshold of doing damage. If you don't mind losing your hearing, fine, the tappets sound better

than Y&T,Cinderalla or Accept on tour. The tappets sound better than those bands, they were a waste of the hearing aids that I face.

<_< HEARD ANY GOOD JOKES LATELY?

:( Yeah, Cold Play :D

Here's a shot of the pods on my Le Mans.

I like the look of it, and the fact you can now see through the bike. And the rear preload adjuster is accessible. Always a bonus.

I am not noticing very much noise increase at all. The first time I took the bike out I intentionally do not wear earplugs so I could hear the difference, but their wasn't much.

It's probably running a trifle leaner now, but it pulls like a FREIGHT TRAIN from 5k up.

I jumped on it going up the hill to my house in 3rd gear and it actually surprised me with how hard it pulled.

Can you say, "happy camper"?

I knew you could...

-Jack

right_close_640.gif

Hey there, happy camper, the use of the pods nicely exposes your Wilber :P ...I mean your Wilbers shock.

How do you like the shock?

The Wilbers is terrific.

It has a lot more adjustability than the Ohlins I had on my 2002, but it came setup VERY stiff, whereas the Ohlins was totally plug and play.

After a few turns of the screws, the Wilbers has settled down very nicely.

The shock from Wilbers is nearly an inch longer than the Sachs, but the added ride height seems to be a positive change all around.

And now I can easily change the rear spring preload with the airbox gone.

-Jack