Calling Ireland based guzzisti

ferguzzi

There's an argument that this should be in the dealers section, but up to now, we Irish haven't had a dealer, so it's not a section we normally frequent.

On The 10 March is the grand opening of Moto Guzzi Dublin. It's going to be run by the nice people at Ducati Dublin, on the long mile road. They were asked by Piaggio if they'd do a dedicated store for guzzi's, and Aprilias, and they agreed.

I can't help feeling that the new bikes are just so good they feel they can really compete with the mainstreamers, ie ducati and bmw, and the fact that guzzi are selling their bikes in Ireland for the first time since before Noah was a boy has got to be a good thing.

I was down there the other day, and they're still getting set up, but they had a few brevas,grisos and a norge, and 2 of the engineers are in Mandello as I speak, learning the ropes,(good luck!) so they'll be able to begin servicing in a few weeks.

If the service in general is as good as it has been with the ducati side of things then we're in luck, because I've only heard good things about them.

It's the first time I've seen some of those newer bikes in the flesh up close. That Griso is very cute, cooler then a ducati monster any day of the week. Even the norge looked good up close, but I think it'd have to be red. Or maybe black.

Good times! :mg:

There's an argument that this should be in the dealers section, but up to now, we Irish haven't had a dealer, so it's not a section we normally frequent.

On The 10 March is the grand opening of Moto Guzzi Dublin. It's going to be run by the nice people at Ducati Dublin, on the long mile road. They were asked by Piaggio if they'd do a dedicated store for guzzi's, and Aprilias, and they agreed.

I can't help feeling that the new bikes are just so good they feel they can really compete with the mainstreamers, ie ducati and bmw, and the fact that guzzi are selling their bikes in Ireland for the first time since before Noah was a boy has got to be a good thing.

I was down there the other day, and they're still getting set up, but they had a few brevas,grisos and a norge, and 2 of the engineers are in Mandello as I speak, learning the ropes,(good luck!) so they'll be able to begin servicing in a few weeks.

If the service in general is as good as it has been with the ducati side of things then we're in luck, because I've only heard good things about them.

It's the first time I've seen some of those newer bikes in the flesh up close. That Griso is very cute, cooler then a ducati monster any day of the week. Even the norge looked good up close, but I think it'd have to be red. Or maybe black.

Good times! :mg:

Hey, I thought I was one of the very few Moto Guzzi owner in Dublin, met a guy with a Cali EV and I know that a member of MAG Ireland has a Cali III, but I was pretty sure to be the only V11 owner in Dublin, good to know that I'm not alone. Why don't we meet saturday morning for the opening? I'll have to be of around lunch time cause my parents are coming over to ireland from Italy, but we can have alook at the shop and have a chat in the morning. I'll probably contact you in private for hints and tips re: garage, service, etc....

Cheers.

I won't make it on the day I'm afraid,as I'll be on holidays down under.

My God, 2 V11s in the same city! We could form a club!

well, maybe we are not enough for a club in Dublin, but we may be enough guzzisti for a national club

well, maybe we are not enough for a club in Dublin, but we may be enough guzzisti for a national club

Well you know that if its an Irish club you must have a split at the first meeting. I'm for the southern non conformist left-wing "kickstart" brigade :homer:

I visited Ireland last year. 5 wonderful days. Waterford in the south, Letterkinney in the north. We did drive(?) through Dublin though. Murderous traffic! I sure hope the new dealer is well to the outskirts of the city. Driving any kind of bike in Dublin would be tantamount to suicide. If there was anywhere in the world outside of the USA I'd want to live, the south end of Ireland tops the list.

OI! Make that 3. :D

QUOTE(gallo_se @ Mar 2 2007, 12:28 PM) *

Well you know that if its an Irish club you must have a split at the first meeting. I'm for the southern non conformist left-wing "kickstart" brigade homer.gif

Oh no we dont.We members of The North Eastern Bearded Low Altitude Flying Column will run things and make sure none of youse culchies get up here without a passport and a road map. :D

And where's that Northern lad with the rat bike?We dont want his type coming down and starting surrealist conversations or extrapolating theories about the place. :unsure:

BTW Ferg,Ducati Dublin is on the Nangor Rd,not the Long Mile Rd. Is the new shop at the aforementioned or is it near Bikeworld? I work just by The Red Cow,so it'll be dead handy.

It's right beside ducati dublin, in fact it's the same building, so you're in luck.

And wait a minute, last I checked you were in Drogheda or Dundalk, or some other God forsaken, misplaced- from-civilisation, dunghole?

Don't tell me you've joined us celubrious, urbanite, cosmopolitan Dublinese?

(like a moca chocca latee with that?).

Or maybe just a flake.

:D

Yeah,still in Drogheda but theres that many houses built now that it's almost part of Dublin loike.

I must check it out,I'm round that way a lot. But jeez you should see the state of my bike.I was half way through a rewire and had to go away to work.Been away since last Sept.The weather destroyed the cover,the paint's been really roughed up and she looks like a pile of shit.Hasnt even been run since then. I had to come back cos I got the flu and a lung infection,but I'll get into her over the next few weeks.

Jeez, that sounds awful. You and the bike.

I wonder if there's some mystical correlation between our health and that of our bikes?

(cue philisophical comment from Belfast.....)!

And where's that Northern lad with the rat bike?

I live in the UK ye eedjits

Was down that way today.There was a Norge and a couple of smaller Guzzis outside. The showroom was still being worked on.Couldnt stop,the lorry's too big for the car park.

I'll have to work weekends just now,but I'm going down soon as.

Maybe see some of you down there.sometime.